7 Advantages Of Having A Dashboard Cam In Your Car

Importance of having a dashboard camera.

5717
Dash Cam Geek

Dashboard cameras have grown to popularity over the past years. They now come at affordable prices that range from $50 to $100 which is well below their initial prices. The have become increasingly popular owing to the advantages that come with having a dashboard camera. The cameras are designed to capture every sound and image of events taking place in the car and also on the road. Most drivers will install forward and rear facing cameras. These cameras are also fitted on most law enforcement agencies for quality and trustworthy evidence. The advantages that come with having a dashboard camera include:

1. First evidence in car accidents.

This is among the main reasons drivers are installing dash cameras. The camera begins recording when the car is started and most cams record on loop. This means that when the car is restarted the new footage replaces the old one, though not all function like this. These cameras therefore provide efficient and real time proof in-case of any accident. If your car was involved by any chance, then there’s solid proof if you were not on the wrong by retrieving the recorded footage in any court trials that may arise. This saves you a lot of time since most guilty drivers try to pin the blame on the victims and lack of evidence works to their advantage. However, having a dash cam saves you all the fuss that comes with accidents.

2. Capture crime.

Some advanced dashboard cameras have a unique feature that works like that of car alarms. This feature allows the camera to stay on stand by and turns on if there’s motion in or around the car. This feature helps capture crimes which occur when we don’t expect them. In case anybody crashes into your car in the parking lot or breaks into it, all you would need to do is go through the footage. This would help you identify the individual or car responsible. If you cannot track down the individual, then having your insurance company view the footage proving how the damage came to your car. The police can also do the tracking down and capturing of the culprit who broke into your car.

3. Prevents insurance fraud.

Most fraudsters plan on getting money by staging intentional accidents hoping to get paid by the victim. The footage can then be forwarded to the involved insurance companies or fraud investigating units to prevent any unnecessary payments. This way the fraudster’s intentions are not accomplished. It also lowers your rates with insurance companies.

4. For Concerned parents.

This applies for parents who lend their cars to their teenager children. The dash cam gives you footage on the type of driving the teen practices as some may practice unsafe rowdy driving. The dash cam therefore keeps you in check on such behavior. It also shows the places they have been visiting. It also you as a parent to identify if there was any unexpected passengers in the car. Since some dashboard cameras come with a GPS feature, you can also know the real-time location of your teenager.

5. Capture bad driving.

During your driving career, it’s normal to come across undisciplined drivers who include drunk drivers and those that cause road rage related incidents. Reporting such drivers can be hectic especially when there’s no proof. Dash cams cover such footages on the road. Such footage comes in handy incase these drivers cause any damage to other cars. The footage can be handed over to law enforcement units like the police or even the concerned insurance companies.

6. Record road trip memories.

Road trips are meant to be fun experiences. Capturing fun moments is an important part of road trips as it keeps memories that one can easily revisit. Having a dash cam works to your advantage in such situations. All that you would need is a high resolution dash cam to record your road trip experience. The fact that some cams come with GPS features has an added advantage.

7. Record unexpected occurrences.

Dash cams have captured some unexpected moments in history like meteors in Russia which has the highest number of dashboard camera usage according to statistics. Dash cams can also capture accidents on highways or other roads and provide more reliable proof than other road users. Most of the online videos that feature accidents or other abnormal activity on roads are usually from dash cams.

Conclusion.

Having a dash cam comes with more advantages to vehicle owners. They record critical moments on the road that come in handy in many situations. Dash cams also come at very affordable prices especially in the recent times when there are many models in the market. All these models come in different specifications and features. It’s therefore advisable to have a dash cam installed on your vehicle. However, individuals should consider their countries’ laws first since some countries have banned use of dash cams and an example is Austria. In all other cases’ it’s advantageous to have one of these amazing devices installed