We All Need An Amazing, Magical Hair Fairy In Our Lives

Hair goddess, hair guru, hair fairy, AKA our hairdressers.

62
Makayla Castle

For years, I had the HARDEST time finding a hairdresser that I truly loved and felt comfortable with. After years of driving an hour and a half to go see the same hairstylist as my mom, I was becoming tired and wanted to find my own hairstylist to trust. I spent many months searching and booking appointments with hairstylists that got the job done, but I would never make a second appointment. I was at a halt with my hair journey — and I wasn't sure where to go anymore.

I wanted someone that knew me and my hair.

If you know me, you that I take a lot of pride in my hair, so I needed to find someone who saw that pride and ran with it to both of our advantages. After doing some research and Instagram-stalking, I had found a local hairstylist who I decided to try out. Boy, did I go all out with my first appointment!

I decided to book an appointment with this hairstylist (or should I say a hair queen?), and not only was I getting the typical "cut all the dead stuff off," but I decided to make a spontaneous decision.

I thought: "Hey, why not dye my hair? For the...First. Time. Ever."

I was scared, which she could clearly see on my face. But, instead of being terrified with me, she calmed me down by getting me to start talking. Before I knew it, I was leaving the salon with FLAWLESS HAIR. You see, when you have "found" the one — the hairstylist who just gets you — you could be shaving all your hair off, and they will still be able to talk you through it as they calm you down. They're like a best friend, sister, and mom all in one.

This was it: the epiphany. I finally found my amazing, magical hair fairy. The one.

So, this one goes out to my beyond amazing and talented hair guru, Meara.

Without Meara, my hair would be looking drab instead of fab. So ladies, please do yourself a favor and find your own perfect hairstylist made exactly for you. They're out there. Plus, not only will your hair be looking flawless, but your confidence will also shine bright even after you leave the salon.

Hair stylists are wizards, I'm convinced. They are able to take a blank "canvas" and run with it. The time and effort that they put into each and every client's hair are remarkable. Thank your hairstylist today! If you haven't found your "one" yet, keep looking because I promise they're out there.

Ultimately, I believe we all deserve a magnificent hairstylist in this world. They're not just someone who styles your hair, but they're also there for so much more. When you have the right hairstylist, you also have a friend — someone to confide to, gossip with, and tell wild and crazy stories to. You will start to feel like a family at your local hair salon. They know you by your first name, the name of all your exes that they helped "cut out" of your hair, the names of all your pets, why you quit your job, who your best friend is sleeping with, and why your mom is acting crazy this week. When you have found a love for both the salon and the stylist, you'll do whatever it takes and drive however long you need to sit in their chair. You make time out of your schedule to go see them and try to book the soonest appointment just because you need a good rant session.

The list goes on.

They truly are the whole package. I am so beyond grateful for my wonderful, beautiful, down to earth hairstylist, Meara. Thank you for always being there for me and my hair; and also, for reminding me when I'm using terrible shampoo.

Your hairstylist is going to tell you exactly how it is but also be there to support you and your hair. So, find your go-to hairstylist and never lose them when you do.