Changing.
Drew
Drew
195

666

I was created in the image of my Creator,

Yet I am prone to imitate our perverter

He died for me—so that I may truly live,

Yet I give myself to death willingly

He paints a halo over me

Yet I see horns on my head.

667

Concussed and confused—my mind asks,

Where is my God?

Tormented and torn—my heart yearns,

For its Father.

Scared and searching—my spirit knows,

He is near.

677

Damn my good intentions,

Damn my wishful thinking,

Damn my justifying mind,

Damn my character.

My God, My God, I fearfully pray,

break this good man—make him righteous.

777

I have come to understand—

By letting go, I can grasp

By losing myself to you, I fully gain myself.

Show me who I am—

before all the haze of my thoughts.

Moment by moment—forever

you have changed me.

12 Bible Verses For Faith In Hard Times

Remind yourself that God is always with you.
840112

Lately, I have felt lost at what God wants for my life. Ever since I've come back to UWG everything has been horrible. It seems that I can't catch a break. I'm trying my best to focus on school, work, and extracurricular activities. But it's hard when I'm having issues with my apartment/roommates and knowing my family back home is struggling and needs many prayers. All, I keep thinking is maybe Carrollton isn't where I belong anymore. I've asked God if He can guide me in the right direction. Below, I have found Bible verses that have helped get me through these rough, past couple of weeks.

1. Isaiah 43:2

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you."

2. Psalm 37:5

"Commit your way to the Lord. Trust in Him, and He will act."

3. Romans 8:18

"The pain that you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming."

4. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength, and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

5. Joshua 1:9

"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous."

6. Ecclesiastes 3:1

"There is a time for everything and a reason for every activity under the heavens."

7. Isaiah 41:10

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

8. Isaiah 66:9

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord."

9. Psalm 91:4

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings, you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

10. Psalm 62:1-2

"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him, He alone is my rock and my salvation."

11. Philippians 4:13

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength."

12. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."