I Didn't Know What Love is Until I Met You

5

Dear You,

First, let me start off by saying thanks. Thanks for picking me up at a time when I was down. Thanks for making me smile when I didn't think I could again. Thanks for making me happy when I thought everything was bad in the world. And thanks for being there all the time and doing everything possible to make me feel better.

Honestly, you are not just my boyfriend. You are so much more. You are my soulmate, my better half, my world, my partner in crime, my rock and most importantly my best friend. I never thought you would mean this much to me but here we are, almost a year and a half later still going strong. And I love it.

When we first met, I knew you were something special. I was so nervous when we first met, but I came out of my shell rather quickly. I thought to myself, "I don't want to get hurt again". But it was worth the risk, I then proceeded to show off in attempts to be appealing to you, and I guess it worked.

You took me out of a bad time in my life and made me so happy. Happier than I'd ever been. And I can't thank you enough for that, honestly. I found you at the right time, and ever since then, my life has been great. Yes I know I have my moments and we have been through a lot but no matter what life has thrown at us you have stuck by my side through it all.

I love everything about you. I love that you're always here for me. I love that you make me laugh and smile whenever we're together. I love how we can just do absolutely nothing and still have fun. I love how you laugh at my corny jokes, no matter how bad they are. I love how you somehow always know how to cheer me up in two seconds no matter how sad I am. Finally, I love how I can be myself around you. I literally can do anything in front of you and you won't judge me or anything. You love me for who I really am, and I can't thank you enough for that.

I really just want to say thanks for being you. Thanks for always believing in me when I don't believe in myself. Thanks for striving to always make me happy. Thanks for the countless trips to the bar to play pool dates. Or driving around endlessly not knowing what to do. Thanks for always making me laugh, especially at inappropriate times. Thanks for being stupid with me, and always having a good time no matter what we do. Thanks for always loving me. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but thanks for putting up with me. And last but not least, thanks for being my best friend.

Yours Truly,

Me