6 Simple Ways to Start Sticking to your New Years Resolutions

Reach for the Stars

10

Many of us want to start the New Year off right. We tell ourselves to make a plan ahead. About 43% of people's resolutions don't even last a month. Many of these New Years resolutions are to eat healthier, loose weight, save money, spend more time with family and friends. Those can be some lofty goals if you are starting from scratch. So start small and work your way up. Here are some ways to stick to your resolutions to promote a healthier you!

1. Set reminders on your phone to take time to plan

All smart phones have alarms and reminders you can set, so you don't forget

2. Actually sit down and Plan Ahead

Before the work week starts take 15 minutes to make time to fulfill the goals you set at the beginning of the year. Make time to get to the gym, go to the grocery store or whatever it is to stick to your resolution.

3. Actually write your New Years Resolutions down on a piece of paper.

You are more likely to remember and fulfill your goal when you visual see it in writing. Put the piece of paper on the refrigerator or bulletin board where you will see it everyday

4. Repetition is Key

the only way to keep going to the gym is to keep going to the gym

5. For the shopaholics

If you are trying to save money, unsuscribe to the emails from department stores and any other stores you get emails from. This will avoid the temptations for online shopping and it will clear our your inbox.

6. Social support

Grab some friends and family members to join you on your resolutions. Even if they don't have the same goals/resolutions that you do they can help you stay accountable for your resolutions. Even though you might really want that chocolate cake, your support system will help you fight that chocolate craving