5 Types Of People You'll Always Meet At A Concert

Don't be fooled, at least one (if not all) will be there.
106

It doesn't matter what genre of music it is or the size of the venue, these types of people are almost guaranteed to show up at a concert. Usually, they are easy to spot, but some wait to make their appearance later on in the show.

1. The Newbies (most likely in their early teens)

Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely okay to be a newbie at a concert. You could finally be getting the chance to meet or let alone see your favorite band live for the first time. We've all been there. Here's the thing, though: try not to act like a newbie. Older fans know that it's probably better to not put on a full face of makeup before going inside. You're just going to sweat it off. Don't talk about how you've listened to every song of theirs 20 times; we have too. The best way to get through the newbie phase is to just chill out, make some friends in line, and go rock out with them.

2. The Partiers

The partiers are never actually there to listen to the music. They usually only come because they heard that a band was coming to town and they wanted an opportunity to get trashed. We can spot them from a mile away. Most of the time, they're already buzzed or high by the time they get in line. They will 100% spill their beer on you or blow smoke in your face. Another name for these types of people are "Bouncies". Why, you ask? Because that's all they do. They bounce around the venue and annoy everyone. Just give them about ten minutes and they'll be so far to the other side of the stage that you won't even see them anymore.

3. The Groupies

These people probably don't know the first thing about the band that you're seeing. They are dressed the same at every concert. Black shorts, usually with tights underneath, or some variation on a hipster look. They stand out of line and until they talk to security (who lets them right in or they are escorted in by a crew member). I know it sucks to watch someone end up there when you spent a huge amount of money and you're not even close. There is a bright side to all of this: The members of the band usually only see them as groupies and never as real people. They will respect you so much more for following the rules.

4. The Die-Hards

Ahh, the good ol' Die-Hards. These fans will be your best friends at any concert. They will teach you tricks about how not to get trampled and they'll be the ones you still talk to on social media three years down the line, trust me. I have at least eight friends that I speak to on a daily basis that I met at -- you guessed it -- concerts. These people take concerting seriously. They're usually front row, screaming every lyric of every song played, and they truly care about the band. When it comes down to it, these are the people that the bands love and care about because they're there for the music and only the music.

5. The "I'm So Rich I've Met The Band X Amount of Times" Fans

If there were ever a group that fans hate most, it's these people. They brag about how many times they have met a band, been on stage, and how the members remember their names. While part of the issue is that the rest of us are jealous, it's more of the fact that we think it's unfair. They have more money than all of us have -- especially the newbies -- and it hurts our souls to think that they get more time with the band than others do. It's also awful when you're standing right beside someone who gets onstage because the members know them. Personally, I don't understand the point of going to eight different tour locations to see the same set over and over again. There should be some limit on these.