Coffee Lover tips

6 Coffee drinking Tips From A Coffee Addict

I'll have a venti-vanilla-iced-coffee with soy, please.

42
Pixabay.com

As college students, there's a general consensus that coffee was made for us. Throughout the school year and the summer, I practically live off of coffee. It helps me get through those early classes and keeps me alive so I'm still able to work out and do some studying at the end of the day. I mean, there's a reason we have a Starbucks on campus, right?

I've drunk coffee for as long as I can remember. After all of these years of experimentation, I've discovered some pretty awesome tips and tricks that make the coffee drinking experience even better.

1. Make your iced coffee the night before

This is something I discovered after deciding that iced coffee is one of my favorite ways to have coffee. If you're someone that wants to drink iced coffee throughout the day or you just want a cold shock to start off your morning, I recommend brewing it the night before and then refrigerating it. It keeps you from having to put ice cubes in hot coffee, which always end up melting immediately and watering down the coffee.

No one likes watered-down coffee.

2. Experiment with creamers

If you're not someone that likes drinking their coffee black, there is really something to say about a good creamer. If I'm having coffee at home, I usually use French Vanilla, but there are so many options. Around Christmas, I like the buy the peppermint creamers to add a little variation.

3. Buy a reusable K-cup

We all love the convenience of the Keurig. It's so easy to pop a little cup in every morning and press the button. But did you know that those little convenient cups aren't recyclable? Think about how many of those cups you use in a week, a month, a year! So much plastic is ending up in the oceans because of these little things.

I bought a reusable k-cup off of Amazon for like $10. You just buy your favorite coffee grounds, fill up the pod, use it, and empty it out when you're finished. It's also a lot cheaper too, so that's always a plus.

4. Find your favorite combination at your choice coffee shop

Of course, this combo is probably going to differ based on what your favorite coffee place is. I tend to prefer cold coffee from a coffee shop instead of hot coffee, and then I make hot coffee at home.

My go-to order is a Venti vanilla iced coffee, with no classic syrup, soy milk, and 3 packs of Splenda from Starbs. I tend to be disappointed if I try something else.

5. Dip Oreos in it

I know, this sounds really bizarre. Oreos isn't typically something you think would belong in coffee, but TRUST ME. Before I was even old enough to drink coffee, my Nan taught me that dipping Oreos in coffee is one of the most underrated pleasures in life.

Do a little dunk and swirl and your Oreo gets a little soggy and it's awesome. I wouldn't steer you wrong, my friends. This one is especially good if you're like me and aren't a big fan of milk but still want to eat Oreos and dunk them in something.

6. Don't trash people for liking coffee

I'm really bad at this because I make my boyfriend try every coffee drink I make. I get it, we just don't understand how someone could NOT like this liquid substance that we literally depend on, but they don't. So stop pressuring them.

If you got nothing else out of this, I hope I've at least introduced you to a new method of Oreo-dipping.

Drink on my little coffee beans.