6 thoughts you have when working out for the first time

It can be a little overwhelming

78
Google Images

I don't know about you, but working out in the gym for me is something I'm still getting used to. I have the right clothes, so I look like I know what I'm doing but I assure you I have no idea what I'm doing. I make sure I don't go alone so that someone actually keeps me accountable to going to the gym. I even have a schedule for when I go to the gym and what days I do each activity.

Here are some of the thoughts that I had while working out for the first time, and I hope someone else can relate to them.

1. You feel so out of shape

2. You feel really great in your new workout clothes

3. You get on the treadmill feeling like this...

4. And this...

5. Once you've realized the treadmill isn't for you, you head for the weights...

And you realize that's not really your thing either

6. Finally you try the elliptical

And then you feel like a great person for actually working out but at the same time you also kind of wish that you could just be done with the workout.

7. Finally when it's all over you kind of feel like this

But you know what they say, no pain no gain. Just be proud of yourself for getting out there in the first place. Listen to your body and don't push it too hard. Work toward having whatever body type you want. Do whatever makes you happy.