13 Songs To Add To Your Road Trip Playlist

The right songs set the vibe for the whole trip.

33
Tabea Damm

This is it. It's the time of the year we’ve all been waiting for.

That’s right, summer road trip time! This is one of the best times of the year. Nothing's better than driving down the highway with the windows down with the wind whipping through your hair; sun shining on your face. The only thing that would make this car ride better is a playlist that you can blast and belt out the lyrics to. Here are a few songs you can add to that playlist.

1. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers.

This is one of those songs that can be played anywhere, and you have one of the best times while scream-singing it. When I hear it being blasted and people singing along, it brings me back to high school and puts me right in the center of one of my happiest of places. This is one of the “you can go wrong when you play it” kind of songs.

2. "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

When I think back to the car rides with my friends, this is the one song that is played every time. It’s hard to hear this song and not sing it at the top of your lungs. Have you been cheated on? Feel the power in Carrie Underwood's voice and sing your heart out - you deserve it. Even if you haven’t been cheated on, you will feel this song, and you’ll start signing it to an imaginary guy that did you wrong.

3. "Ridin' Solo" by Jason Derulo.

When you are driving around with your friends and you play this song, everyone will be singing. You may not be “ridin’ solo”, but that won’t stop you from jamming to this song.

4. "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams.

This song reminds me of summer because my dad would always play it while we were at our lake house. If your voice needs a break, this is one of those songs that you can play and still have a good time listening to the lyrics.

5. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

Are there only two people in this car? That's totally fine. Sing this duet with your friend. It is nearly impossible to listen to this song and not smile at the least. My mom used to play this song during car rides and we would have the best time signing to it.

6. "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield.

This is such a happy song that everyone can sing to. Everyone knows the words, and it's a classic summer song. You can't listen to this song and feel the summertime vibes. While listening to it with your friends, you'll feel a warmth in your heart, because the song has such a great message and you're with people you love.

7. "The Middle" by Zedd, Maren Morris, and Grey.

This is such a fun song to listen to while with your friends. When I listen to it, I think of one of my friends and how we would always play this song while we drove around.

8. "New Rules" by Dua Lipa.

This song is so relatable at this point in our lives. When this song is playing, each person is always singing it to someone in his or her life whether it's a current person or someone from the past.

9. "Eenie Meenie" by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber.

I personally think this song will always be a bop. It's such an easy song to sing, and it's so fun it listen to! Nothing but good vibes there!

10. "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel.

This may be an older song, but that doesn't mean it's past its prime. It's a classic song that needs to be played.

11. "Hold My Hand" by Jess Glynne.

In high school, while I was driving home, I would play this and sing my heart out. It is one of those songs you will feel a need to belt out.

12. "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line.

This is one of those songs that automatically makes you think of summer and gets you ready for the sunny months ahead.

13. "Make Me Wanna" by Thomas Rhett.

You could play any Thomas Rhett song and have a great car ride. This song specifically makes me want to dance because of the beat, and it is so fun to listen to. It's one of those songs where you create a scene in your head as soon as you hear the lyrics.