6 Shows To Add To Your Summer Binge-Watching Season

While the temperatures may be rising outside, the drama is heating up on your television screen inside.
6

While the temperatures may be rising outside, the drama is heating up on your television screen inside. Or at least it should be. Summer is the perfect time to unwind and catch up on all of the television you've been missing out on during the year. So sit back, tune in, and let the shouts of anger and cries of sadness be music to your ears!

1. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Back and better than ever, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" has its best season yet. It shines on all fronts in terms of comedy, shenanigans, and truly surprising heartfelt moments. From Titus’s epic "Lemonade" parody (that has the chops to surpass the original) to the surprising multi-episode arch of Daveed Diggs, you will not be disappointed by what this season has in store.

2. "Big Little Lies"

If you haven’t seen this yet, you have no idea what you’re missing. The Gorgeous cinematography in the setting of beachy Monterey, CA and with a stellar female showcased cast, you have to tune in. We’re talking Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern, and Zoe Kravitz. Rumors of season two are on the horizon and here’s hoping we see more of these wonderful ladies soon.

3. "Orange is the New Black"

This one is a bit of a slow burn. This season while ambitious and takes many risks in terms of content and format doesn’t entirely pay off. We lose a lot of great potential storytelling opportunities when forced to focus on a plot line that takes up the entire season. There are gems to be found particularly in the talents of Gloria (Selenis Leyva), Taystee (Danielle Brooks), Brook Soso (Kimiko Glenn), and a rare, but heartbreaking flashback of Pousee (Samila Wiley) that almost left me in tears. If needed, really tune in for the second half of the season.

4. "Jane the Virgin"

Unlike "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt", "Jane the Virgin" falters a bit in its third season. Lacking on the theatrics of its telenovela format, we seem to enter a new show entirely. It’s more seeing Jane, Rafael, and Petra juggle the responsibilities of being parents, not so much solving the mystery and mayhem surrounding murders and love triangles. Not to say the performances aren't up to snuff, but as we delve into chapter sixty or so the show seems lost of where it wants to go next.

5. "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"

You’re missing out if you aren’t tuned into this franchise. They may be on season nine, but these women keep getting better every season. Though there was question when their OG queen bee Nene Leakes ducked out, the Housewives of Atlanta can certainly hold their own. This past season was perhaps their wildest yet, even resorting to uncomfortable and vulgar levels. But justice was served when the truth came out in the truest form of tea at the reunion. A must watch from start to finish!

6. "The Real Housewives of Orange County"

Speaking of entertaining housewives, this summer marks the return of the OG Housewife franchise. Get ready for what’s sure to be a sizzling season with catching up on last season which did not fail to bring its own heat with it. Catch up on the feuds between Shannon and Vicki, the breakdowns of Tamra, and the unfortunate reign of poor insults by one Kelly Dodd. You won’t be disappointed.