6 Reasons Moms Are Amazing

6 Reasons Moms Are Amazing

Moms really are unspoken superheroes.

755
6 Reasons Moms Are Amazing
Ashley Joustra

Mom's are superheroes that just don't get enough credit. I mean really, when is the last time you thanked your mom for everything she's done for you? There's quite a long list of reasons that moms are so amazing; here are a few!

1. They multitask like pros.

Mom's have this superpower where they can do everything at once and do it well. It's crazy. Whenever I talk to my mom on the phone she's also washing dishes, watching TV, cooking dinner, taking a nap, showering, and doing laundry. Okay, so maybe not all of those things, but you get the point!

2. They always understand.

They've been there. They know. They were in college once too. They dated. They learned to be on their own. They did everything you're doing and probably more. Not to mention, they raised you so they probably know you pretty well. It's wonderful to have someone who understands you so fully.

3. They cook.

Okay, this may not be true of all moms, but it's sure true of mine. My favorite part of making the eight hour trek home is getting to eat my mom's cooking. Lasagna, potato soup, German chocolate upside down cake, chili, you name it, she makes it and I eat it. As a plus, she taught me to cook so now I'm self sufficient and can make all these things for myself. Score. Sadly, this is a skill many of my fellow college girls don't possess.

4. They love unconditionally.

Chances are, somewhere along the line, you've screwed up. Don't fear — moms tend to be pretty rational. Though it may take some time, I can guarantee they'll almost always come through and forgive you. Mom's love you, no matter how horrible you are.

5. They take care of you.

I always took it for granted having my mom to take me shopping. That is, until I went to college. When I left for college and needed new bras, I was like a lost puppy. I wandered around thinking, "Man, do bras really cost this much?" Being a girl is complicated, but that's a whole other topic. Anyways, it's great to have a mom that takes care of you. Trust me.

6. They don't have to be your biological mother.

This is by far my favorite thing about moms; they're shareable. When I was in middle and high school, I had such a community of "moms." They were generally my friends' moms. They let me into their homes (and made it feel like home to me!), they fed me, got me addicted to coffee (thanks, Michelle!), and guided me through so many things over the years. Having a big circle of moms looking out for you is amazing. The best part? My community of moms still looks out for me. I still get an occasional text or Facebook message and I know that I could go to them with any problems. Moms are awesome.

So there you have it; six reasons why moms rule. Even if your biological mom isn't the greatest, I'm sure if you think about it you have a mother figure or two that's pretty amazing.

I just want to say thank you to all the moms that have taken care of me along the way, especially my own. Love you all!