6 Reasons I'm Glad To Call NC State Home

You'll always feel at home here.

179
Taylor Moore

“We’re the red and white from State, and we know we are the best.”

When I hear these lyrics it truly describes how I feel about my university, NC State. I am proud to be a member of the Wolfpack and I'm proud to call this school my home. Moving to college can be extremely stressful but knowing that I was at one of the best schools around eased my nerves.

While I do love this school because of its amazing academic programs, what I love even more are the small things that bring us all together. Our rich traditions and spirit make NC State a true home for me. I never thought that I could find a place that would feel more like home than this, even more like home than where I grew up.

Being a member of the Wolfpack for the last two years has boosted my confidence and brought me out of my shell more than I could have ever imagined. The reasons that I love this school are numerous but these are some of the few that have really made an impact.

1. Our mascot is a freaking wolf

When I think of a wolf I think about loyalty and strength. Having the wolf as our mascot means more to me than just a person dressed up at a football game. Each student and fan come together as members of the Wolfpack. “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

2. We have the most school spirit around

We might not be the best at sports but here at NC State, we let nothing get us down. When it’s football gameday you can hear the roar of the Wolfpack from miles away.

3. We have “Howling Cow” ice cream

We have our own brand of ice cream that is made right here on our campus. How freaking cool is that? Howling cow is a staple of NC State life and is a go-to treat after a hard day full of college life. Make sure to try “wolf tracks” it is my personal favorite.

4. We have tradition flowing through our veins

Tradition is key to this amazing school we call home. Whether it is lighting the bell tower red after a big win or taking a brick before you graduate it is what brings us all together.

5. We have a bomb tailgate season

Fried chicken, good music, great friends. We have it all at our tailgate and there is nothing more to say.

6. We make everyone feel at home

When you come to this school you can’t help but feel at home. The second I stepped foot onto my first brick I knew this was where I was meant to be.