6 Must-Have Dishes To Try While Abroad

6 Must-Have Dishes To Try While Abroad

CALLING ALL FOOD LOVERS! CALLING ALL FOOD LOVERS! Be warned. The list below will make your mouth water.

64
6 Must-Have Dishes To Try While Abroad

When going abroad, I make it my MISSION to try as many new foods as I can. Food is probably one of the few things that can lift my spirits when I'm down. I've tried so many new dishes here in Prague, and they did not disappoint. So i'm calling out all my fellow foodies in the Czech Republic to try my list below with the best dishes and places that serve them. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

1. Beef Goulash

instagram

As soon as I landed in Prague, I was taken to this beautiful pink restaurant right in the heart of Námestí Míru. I asked what was the most common dish they had and the waiter told me (in his broken English) the beef goulash, it never disappoints. And so, that is when my journey to eating great tasting food began. 2+kk restaurant and bar was a wonderful place with a great family atmosphere that I still go to every other week.

2. Vegan Hotdogs

Mr. Hotdog

Now I know I started the list with a meat-heavy dish, but for all my vegans out there, this is the place for you. The crazy combinations offered at Mr. Hotdog, right at the base of Letna park, is incredible! I've never enjoyed a hotdog in my mouth as much as I did when I came here (no pun intended). But if you aren't big on hot dogs, they offer other options like burgers, loaded fries, and even Po boy sandwiches. There's something for everyone!

3. Tacos

Las Adelitas

Now, these are tacos that are genuinely made with love. With a fellow Columbian behind the grill, no wonder the tacos make me come back day after day. Having the options of 3 different types of meat, as well as a vegetarian choice, they can add their unique twist to each taco. With different sauces and toppings, each taco will give you a different party in our mouth. Las Adelitas is the best place to go to if you are missing some Hispanic flavor in your life.

4. Pork Cutlet Schnitzel Fried in Butter

Instagram

With more than one person telling me I have to try this dish, I did some research for the best place to try it. Lokal was THE spot to go to and it did not disappoint. Served with a delicious potato salad, this perfectly seasoned and fried slice of pork was to die for. I'm pretty sure people were disgusted by how fast I ate it because I just couldn't control myself. definitely, do not miss out on this dish or you will regret it.

5. Special Ramen

BON instagram

For those cold days and even hung over days, Ramen is my go-to dish and the restaurants at home cannot compare to those here in Prague. There are many options to go to for the perfect dish of ramen but my all time favorite was BON Fresh Ramen & Soba. Located close to Namesti Miru as well, this beautiful, family-run restaurant is perfect for a nice solo date or for a little recovery meal after a night out (they don't judge, I went in there at my worst).

6. Chicken Biryani

live.staticflickr.com

Man oh Man this dish right here, ladies and gentlemen, is THE DISH. Well at least for me. I just recently started to love Indian food and being in Prague has raised my love for it tremendously! Everest Restaurant in Vinohrady is the place to go for the best Indian dishes. My all time favorite has to be the Biryani, which I have ordered more times than I can count. If you want a little change from the Czech food scene then I highly recommend this place.

Special Guest: Pilsner Urquell

Pilsner Urquell Instagram

Now with all this great food, you need something to help it go down. Pilsner Urquell is THE beer to drink in the Czech Republic. With its refreshing, crisp taste that makes you say "ahh" after each sip, its a must. The Pilsner Urquell sign is around every corner with most restaurants serving it as their leading beer. And for those who aren't big on the beer, they do serve it three ways (Šnyt, Hladinka, Mlíko) that gives you options on how much beer there is in the glass. If one isn't impressed by the food in Prague, then the beer will sure take the cake.

(please drink responsibly)

The food is only part of this great trip I am on. The people I have met and things I have seen make it one of the best trips I have ever been on. Being a Gilman Scholar here in Prague has been incredible. Hope you all enjoyed my list and venture out to try them all.