55 New Year's Resolution Ideas Worth A Try In 2018

A list of less heard of New Year's Resolutions
40

There are many people out there who don't believe in New Year's Resolution. I understand that if you want to make a change for yourself, you don't have to wait until the new year to do so. The new year is a great starting point for change. A resolution can be just what some people need to become they person they want and need to be. I came up with a list of some out of the ordinary resolutions worth trying this year.

1. Spend less time on your phone

2. Delete one form of social media

3. Cook dinner at least one night a week

4. Give up fast food

5. Read one book a month

6. Be more aware of your surrounds

7. Keep a journal

8. Pass it on every day

9. Stay organized

10. Save $30 dollars every paycheck

11. Start volunteering regularly

12. Eat out at local places only

13. Start blogging

14. Pray more

15. Go to church every Sunday

16. Go to bed an hour earlier

17. Stop smoking

18. Go on a walk everyday

19. Pick up a new hobby

20. Study an hour more every day

21. Walk/ride your bike instead of the bus

22. Start recycling

23. Put your phone away during meals

24. Stop cursing

25. Travel more

26. Be more kind to yourself

27. Stop texting and driving

28. Visit family at least once a month

29. Share more

30. Do yoga

31. Always keep your house clean

32. Give up meat

33. Run a marathon this year

34. Only shop local

35. Tip better

36. Stop using tanning beds

37. Work out every morning

38. Give up processed meats

39. Educate yourself on political issues

40. Vote this year

41. Say I love you more

42. Hug more

43. Keep your car clean at all times

44. Fight the urge to engage roadrage

45. Smile more

46. Eat breakfast every day.

47. Drink more water

48. Learn something every day about a culture different than yours

49. Stop procrastinating

50. Practice better manners

51. Watch less TV

52. Learn a new language

53. Learn to cook

54. Be on time

55. Think more before you speak

Some of these may sound cliche and easy to forget about after a week into the near year. As cliche as they may sound, they can make a huge difference in your life and others. Keep a reminder of your resolution on your phone lock screen, on your mirror in your bathroom, in your planner, or in your car.

There's no guidelines for your resolution other than the ones you make for yourself. If you want to be better, but you're not sure how, hopefully this list of ideas gave you some inspiration. It's never too soon or too late to be better.