500 Words On Meditation

500 Words On Meditation

Discover how meditation isn't so scary and everyone can meditate!

91
500 Words On Meditation

For centuries people have participated in the art of meditation. Monks, celebrities and religious figures all conduct some form of meditation. However, meditation isn’t in relation to a hierarchy, you can meditate too! I know what you’re thinking, who wants to sit still for hours on end, but there are misconceptions about meditation that many don’t realize. During this tid bit with yours truly, we are going to go over the proper procedure of meditating and hopefully you’ll realize meditation is neither bizarre, dorky nor scary.

• Meditation isn’t only permitted on mountains. Any quiet space will do to meditate. It can be done with a group of people or all by yourself; there is not limit on where you can meditate. You can even meditate in bed! I know! You could quite possibly never leave your bed for a good 8 hours – but I digress. The only requirement for a meditation space is that you have to feel at peace and calm. In other words, it has to be a place where you’re able to concentrate and get lost for a little while.
  • Meditation isn’t just for Monks. Meditation is allowed and encouraged for all. You don’t have to be a certain religion or protesting about an intense cause because meditation is like taking a vitamin. It’s a simple self-reflecting practice that anyone and everyone can take part in.
  • Meditation isn’t some voodoo mumbo jumbo. There is scientific evidence of both physical and mental benefits to meditating every day. Meditation is a time to be self-aware and truly absorbed in your own thought. Meditation is a chance to put away the social media, gossip and your troubles and gives you some much deserved “me time.”
  • The process of meditation isn’t complicated. To begin meditation, the simple trick is getting in a comfortable position and focus on each breath. Close your eyes, relax all your muscles and focus on each inhale and exhale. Suddenly 15 minutes have gone by and you’re ready to start your day. For those of you who like to compete at everything, you could even count the number of breaths, keep a log, and see if you can meditate longer each time.
  • No, you don’t have to meditate for 16 hours. Some people think that meditation has to take up your whole day, which is actually untrue. A beginner meditator may start with five minutes a day and eventually work up to 20 minutes to an hour. Everyone can make time to meditate. Your Netflix binge-watching marathon can wait.
  • You don’t have to sit while meditating. Meditating can be found in any relaxing experience. If you’re having trouble sitting in one place, go take a leisurely walk, go rock climbing or play the piano. Even running can be meditative. If it is an activity you enjoy and seek refuge within that activity, it can be considered a form of meditating.

Meditation doesn’t seem so odd anymore, huh? I hope these 500 words on meditation will encourage you to become a meditator and keep it a part of your daily routine. Just remember, start small, stay at peace during your meditation and keep an open mind.