5 New Year's Resolutions That Should Be Yearly

Self Improvement Ideas for the New Year

32
Julia Marnin

As another year comes to a close, New Year's resolutions are made. Contrary to popular belief, your New Year's resolution doesn't have to be for one year. Also, you don't have to have only one.

Here are 5 New Year's Resolutions to live by every year:

1. Live in the now

All we have is the present moment. Remind yourself to consciously enjoy and experience it. As technology becomes more advanced, there are many new outlets for distractions. These outlets take away from living in the moment. Don't live your life through a screen. Whether it be putting down your phone, do whatever you can to enjoy life as it comes.

2. Improve personal health

You don't have to lose 50 pounds or start running every day (unless you want to, of course). However, adopting healthier habits is a great way to kick off the new year. It doesn't have to be drastic. Something as small as drinking more water, going to sleep earlier, or doing ten push ups a day can be a great healthy resolution.

3. Smile more

Did you know that physically smiling has been proven to make you feel happier? Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. Find happiness in the simple things. When you find it hard to be happy, forcing yourself to smile can go a long way.

4. Learn something new

The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to gain a new skill. Grab a guitar and learn how to play. Take that skiing class you've always wanted to. Go ahead and learn a whole new language. You can only improve yourself when you learn something new.

5. Eliminate a bad habit

You want to be a better person than last year, right? What better way than to get rid of your bad habits. Stop spending all your money on food or going to sleep with your makeup on. Stop skipping breakfast, and treat yourself to some eggs and bacon. Whatever your bad habit may be, now's the time to stop it.