5 YA Books You Absolutely Need to Read

5 YA Books You Absolutely Need to Read

Sometimes we need a new book to read, so here are some I think you should read!

44
5 YA Books You Absolutely Need to Read

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians

One of the most influential book series of our generation. Percy Jackson's compelling plot, wonderful, diverse characters, and beautiful writing makes for a series that defies age. We have grown up with the series and the series has grown with us, with two spin off series. Just please don't watch the movies.

2. Harry Potter series

Ask anyone if they have read Harry Potter and they'll most likely tell you, 'Of course I have. What? Have I been living under a rock?' A classic story about a young wizard, which has become a cultural phenomenon. Seriously read it. The books are way better than the movies, but I might be a little biased.

3. The Book Thief

While a heavily emotional read, the writing keeps the reader guessing what will happen. With an unusual narrator, Death describes the journey of a German family hiding a Jewish man during WWII, particularly a young girl who bonds with the Jewish man. A wonderful read, but keep some tissues with you because it gets really sad, really fast.

4. Cinder

A new take on the well known story, Cinderella. In a futuristic world, Cinder is an cyborg, who, after meeting Prince Kai, is thrown into a world of deception and fear.

5. Thirteen Reasons Why

While absolutely heartbreaking, Thirteen Reasons Why creates a sad story of suicide, depression, and bullying through an outside character. If you feel like you need a good cry, pick this up!