5 Things to Keep You Occupied Over Winter Break

Those three weeks can be somewhat boring if you don't have a distraction.

167

Winter break is one of the most exciting breaks of the school year, but after a few days it might become hard to not be bored for the next two and a half weeks. All your college friends are back home, so all you can result to is sleeping all day. Here are a few things to do over this break to keep you occupied.

Watch holiday movies with family

Being away at college means being away from your family. Winter break is the perfect time to catch up on the last few months while watching all the beloved Christmas movies.

Going to the gym

Winter is the best time to stay in and hibernate while eating an assortment of foods. What's a better distraction than running off all over that winter weight?

Reading

College is always so time consuming that it makes it hard to be able to sit down and read something that isn't a textbook. Winter break is the perfect time for this. There's nothing better than being bundled up around a warm fire, drinking hot cocoa, and reading a good book.

Binge-watching your favorite TV shows

Netflix and Hulu are full of your favorite TV shows, including the holiday specials. When there's too much snow outside to go anywhere just sit back and relax for a few hours in front of your flat screen.

Go see Christmas lights

It's the most wonderful time of the year when different parks put up their annual Christmas lights. To get into the holiday spirit, go drive around and look at all of the different lights you've been waiting a whole year to see again.