5 Ways Traveling Abroad Has Made Me A Better Person

Having the opportunity to see the world was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

183
Miya Leykauf

It’s easy to find yourself stuck in your bubble. You know the one that feels almost too comfortable. The one where all of your friends and family are there to support you 24/7 and the only mystery in your life is which Netflix show you’re going to binge next. With all that being said… if you were handed the opportunity to escape your bubble, would you?

Seeing the world was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, here’s why:

1. It made me more open-minded.

Seeing the world opens your mind to the endless possibilities that are available to you. You never fully understand what’s out in the world until you see it for yourself. Don’t sell yourself short and settle before laying out all of your options. As someone who has only seen a small fraction of the world, it’s obvious that the world has so many things to offer, so why not take advantage of it?

2. I gained a new respect for other cultures.

3. It helped me find my inner-confidence.

4. It made me a more well-rounded individual.

Traveling challenged me to be not only a better person but also more educated on my surroundings. Try unfamiliar foods, meet new people, and push yourself out of your comfort zone. You become more educated on other cultures through museums, food and engaging with the locals.

5. It helped me discover who I wanted to be.

Meeting new people and learning more about other cultures can offer you a fresh perspective on life. This new perspective could serve as an improvement on your outlook on life and what you imagine for your future. As for me, my future hopefully involves seeing more of the world and taking advantage of every opportunity that comes to me because of it.