5 Ways To Make Your Ramen Taste Different, Since You Eat It Every Freaking Day

And warm up your Northeastern belly!

799
5  Ways To Make Your Ramen Taste Different, Since You Eat It Every Freaking Day

Ramen is considered one of the most popular college eats, but many people don't know about how versatile you can make it. There are a variety of flavors and so many possibilities when it comes to these wavy noodles. My mom and brother have inspired me to get more creative with my beloved Ramen, and I want to share the love and inspire all of you with five delicious and unusual add ins for some brothy goodness.

1. Ditch the Water

Instead of boiling the noodles in water and using the sodium packed flavor packet, use the broth that best correlates with the flavor of Ramen you chose. So if you have Chicken Ramen then put in chicken broth, and so on and so forth.

2. Veggie it Up

I know not everybody is a veggie lover, but I can guarantee this will give more flavor to your Ramen. Some great add ins are celery, carrots, peas, and broccoli. Try to add them toward the end if you pre-cook them so they don't get too mushy or soggy. If they aren't cooked put them in the water with the noodles when you start so they can soften up. This also helps to make it more filling and fibrous.

3. Adding Meat or Fish

Adding in meat or fish adds more texture and flavor to Ramen. It also helps to add protein and Vitamin B which will fill you up and give you the energy to finish that term paper. Some ideas are to add duck to Oriental Flavor Ramen and chicken to chicken flavor.

4. Yolk it Up

I know this one sounds really weird but trust me it is delicious! Just crack one egg straight into the Ramen once it's almost done cooking. Make sure it's fully cooked to avoid salmonella and stir it around to break it up. All that's left to do is pour and eat!

5. Sriracha!

If you love a kick in your food like I do, sriracha is the perfect way to finish off your Ramen! Spicy and tangy goes great with savory and rich! It's also become somewhat of an obsession in the past couple of years that has a huge following.