finding happiness
Health Wellness

5 Ways to Improve Your Life, Like, Right Now

You only have one life to live, so why not make it a great one?

97
https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-and-yellow-flower-with-green-stems-36764/

More often than not, people take life too seriously. Your focused on school, work and responsibilities. While all of this stuff may be important, it is also important to remember to enjoy yourself.

1. Always look for the positive things

This has always been a tricky one, especially when you feel like it's the end of the world. However, even when something bad happens you have to stop and ask yourself, what have I learned from this? How has this bettered my life? While the answers may not be obvious at first, when you look back and reflect you find that everything happens for a reason and that's what has put you in this exact moment.

2. It's only one second of one minute of one day…

When you look back on one year in reflection, you find that a lot has changed. Major changes can happen in a year because all of the little changes in your life add up. So much can change in a year, but so much can change in even just a second. Don't waste your time being hung up on something that can be forgotten in a day or even changed in a second.

3. Take a break

Sometimes the simplest thing you can do is just stop. You can only push yourself for so long before you become mentally or physically drained. Remember to take it easy on yourself and give yourself a second to clear your head. Whether it's drawing, writing, going for a walk or listening to music, find something that allows you to relax.

4. Fill the gaps

Often we are so focused on big tasks and big adventures that we forget about the little things. Of course it's fun to go to concerts and take vacations with your friends, but enjoying that time in between is also important. Hanging out and watching a movie or just being able to sit around and laugh with your friends can bring just as much joy. Don't let the small moments get away from you because in the end they're the big moments too.

5. Choose love

It shouldn't have to be said, but it does. Don't waste your energy on negativity when it's so easy to be kind to others. You don't have to be everyone's best friend, you don't have to walk around complimenting strangers, but just simple acts. Hold the door for someone, say please and thank you, smile at someone. Holding grudges and creating drama creates just as bad of a vibe on your life as it will on someone else's. If you radiate positivity and love, then the people that should be in your life will gravitate towards you with their positivity.

You only have one life to live, so why not make it a great one? When you reflect on yourself you should be proud and be able to enjoy where you've been and look forward to where you are going.