5 Ways To Hide Your Tears During Finals

5 Ways To Hide Your Tears During Finals

Here are a few ways to hide your impending breakdown before, and during, finals week.

16
5 Ways To Hide Your Tears During Finals
Haiku Deck

Finals week is coming up for a lot of my fellow college students and many of us feel very unprepared. Which isn't really any different from any other aspect of our lives. As I watch my fellow classmates begin to succumb to the type of panic that shows its face the week before finals, I find that I want to help them in some way. Granted, I have my own finals to study and panic about, so there's not much that I can really do. So in order to help my fellow students hide their impending mental breakdowns, here are five ways to hide your tears during finals week.

1. Hide Your Face Behind A Book

Everyone will just assume that you're studying diligently like the successful student that you are! As long as you don't sniffle too loud, no one will notice as you begin to recount every single failure that you have ever experienced!

2. Claim Sickness

The plague is going around, and it should come as no surprise to anyone that you seem to have succumbed to it. Your red nose and puffy eyes are just symptoms, it's not like you spent the entire morning crying over your history paper.

3. Isolate Yourself

No one will think twice about you locking yourself in your room for hours at a time! They'll just assume that you need to get in some extra studying and that behind your door you are buried in a pile of books. Sure you're buried in blankets and tissues instead but hey, what they don't know won't kill them right?

4. Blame it On the Wind

It's getting into that time of the year when the wind tends to cause many an eye to water. So blaming your constantly watery eyes on the wind makes perfect sense! Granted, it may be a little bit more difficult to blame it on the wind while you're inside...

5. Sunglasses

Sure, you may be mistaken for the type of student that copes with their panic by consuming questionable amounts of alcohol but at least no one knows that you spent the last ten hours crying over a presentation that is due today.