5 Ways To Get A Better Night's Sleep

Have you noticed yourself having trouble sleeping lately? Do you wake up feeling more exhausted than rested? There may need to be some changes made to your habits in order to get your best sleep. Here are 5 changes you can make:

Fight off your naps throughout the day

Photo by Zohre Nemati on Unsplash

images.unsplash.com

Easier said than done, I know. It's hard not to have the urge to doze off for a quick hours nap after a busy day of school or work, but that will only make it harder for you to sleep at night. If you just can't fight off your drowsiness, try taking a 10 or 20 minute "power-nap".

Start a night-time routine

Photo by Sam Lion on Pexels

images.pexels.com

Get yourself into a habit of doing the same things every night before bed to relax yourself. Take a shower, do a face mask, watch tv for an hour, then read a book. Do whatever you want to wind down before bed making it easier to fall asleep.

Avoid watching TV before bed

Photo by Nick Romanov on Unsplash

images.unsplash.com

Just need that TV on to help you fall asleep? Girl, me too. But it's definitely not the best way to fall asleep. You wake up an hour later and have to turn it off, which disrupts your sleep schedule. If you have to entertain yourself before bed, try reading a book or listening to a podcast that'll eventually turn itself off.

Make your room more comfortable

Photo by Julian Hochgesang on Unsplash

images.unsplash.com

How are you supposed to sleep comfortably in a room you don't totally love? Make your bed comfy with cozy blankets and dim lights that make it easier to fall asleep at night. Also speaking from experience, lately I've loved having my oil diffuser by my bed diffusing some lavender essential oil to help me wind down.

Try a melatonin gummy

Instagram

www.Instagram.com/OllyWellness

Though some people may not like to use supplements like this, these are always an option if you find no other changes to improve your sleeping habits. Melatonin gummies are sold pretty much anywhere, like Target, Amazon, or any grocery store or pharmacy.