5 Ways To Donate To Charity Without Breaking Your Bank

Donating to charity can be super fun and easy, here are five ways you can donate without breaking your bank!

72

Have you ever wanted to donate to charity and help those who are less fortunate, but was hesitant because you barely have enough to support yourself sometimes? Well here are some super simple and easy ways you can donate to a charity or even multiple charities without breaking your bank! Either by playing games, taking surveys, or simply using your computer, you can donate some money almost every day!

1. Answering Questions

SurveyMonkey, the world’s largest survey company, leads with its heart by donating $0.50 to your favorite charity every time you take one of their surveys. Survey Monkey allows you to choose from over 50 different charities and organizations all varying in different categories to support and raise money for. All you have to do is take a simple survey that can last from 2 minutes to 20 minutes depending on the number of questions and how in-depth the answers are required to be, and afterwards, you get to spin the wheel and if you land on the yellow banana, you get a chance to win an Amazon gift card all for yourself. There's also a section where you can view how much money you've personally been able to donate to your favorite charity, which is really rewarding in itself to see.

2. Playing Games

The Freerice Game is probably the most popular charity game. Their motto is: Play a game, learn something new and feed the world. It's super simple and takes absolutely no time. For each question answered correctly,10 grains of rice are donated to feed hungry people worldwide. There’s no limit on how many questions you can answer and no limit to how many people you can feed. Originally, Freerice consisted of only vocabulary games, but now it has expanded to include a range of subjects, such as languages, sciences, humanities and even SAT preparation. Freerice maintains that 100% of the money raised goes directly to the WFP. Even if you get a question wrong, there's no penalty; Freerice will repeat it a few turns later to give you a second chance at it. Freerice isn't the only gaming site where your points are transferred into donations. Much like Freerice, Free Kibble allows users to answer a daily question and in return will donate 10 pieces of kibble regardless of whether you answer correctly or not. Games for Change helps charities and great causes create inspirational games that engage contemporary social issues in a meaningful way. All you have to do is sign up to review the games for free and then provide valuable feedback to game developers.

3. Shopping

Giftfluence is a site that turns online shopping and searching into charitable donations to over 840,000 great causes. You are allowed to shop at over 500 online retailers and up to 20% of the purchase price can be donated to charity. As a bonus, everytime you search the internet on Giftfluence’s Yahoo! powered search engine a minimum of one cent gets donated to your favorite cause as well. Givesurance is an insurance site that partners up with various insurance companies to turn your insurance premiums into donation credits for charity. You can register your insurance policy with Givesurance and they will turn up to 5% of your payments into donation credits for top charities. Other sites like AmazonSmile, Goodshop, iGive, Shop2Care, eScrip, and Giving Assistant are some more shopping sites that donate to charities with every purchase. For more information on each site, click here.

4. Exercising

There are a lot of apps and sites that reward you with running a certain number of miles or losing a lot of weight, but there are also sites that reward causes that you're passionate about for being such a good sport and acing all those miles. Charity Miles is one such app. You can earn up to 25 cents for every mile that you walk or run and 10 cents for every mile that you bike. Not a fan of running, but own a pet? Walk for a Dog is an app that donates to local animal shelters and other animal-related charitable organizations for every mile you walk your pet. So not only do you feel good on the outside but on the inside as well.

5. Simply Clicking or Using Your Computer

What if you could donate to charity just by opening up on a new tab on your computer or clicking a button? Seems like it might be too good to be true, but it's completely legit. Tab For A Cause is a revolutionary browser extension that donates to charity every time you open a new tab on the internet. All you're required to do is download their extension, customize your homepage, and start donating just by using the internet. Sites like Charity Click Donation, The Hunger Site, and Care2 are all sites where all you have to do is click on a link and it will donate a certain amount of cents to your choice of charity. In case you're wondering whether these "click to give" sites really work and how exactly they work, you can read an awesome review on the topic here.