5 Ways To Deal With An Exam On Unofficial

1

Unofficial, a day notorious for students using their excused absences, has become a mandatory attendance day for many students, including myself, who have been cursed with an exam on that day. When I was looking through my syllabi at the beginning of the semester, I immediately searched for the exams and prayed they would not fall on that first Friday in March.To my dismay, my journalism professor scheduled our first exam that morning. Now, for all the others out there who have the same problem, I have compiled the five best ways to cope with having an exam on Unofficial.
1. Join the morning festivities

Depending what time your exam is, there is no reason you should have to miss out on all the fun. My exam is at 10 a.m. and I still intend on waking up with my roommates and doing kegs and eggs. You will need to do a modified Unofficial morning because, let’s face it, nobody tests well when they are drunk. However, there is no reason to punish yourself for something you have no control over. Prepare for your exam ahead of time so you can still spend that morning with your friends in a responsible way.

2. Have friends help you study by turning your flashcards into a drinking game

When you are at the pregame early in the morning, have your friends quiz you on your material. Every time you get an answer wrong they have to drink (or even when you get it right, if they so choose). This can turn last minute studying the day of the exam into something fun for everyone involved. Your friends will probably find it hilarious and be more than happy to contribute and you won’t have to worry about feeling unprepared. It is truly a win-win.

3.    Study far ahead of time so you don’t have to worry that morning

Speaking of feeling unprepared, an exam on Unofficial is the one time you should really take your professor’s advice and study the material ahead of time. Nothing says buzzkill more than having to spend your entire Unofficial morning in the UGL cramming for an exam that you had weeks to prepare for. So do yourself a favor and spend extra time throughout the week learning the material. Going into the exam confident and walking out knowing that you nailed it will make that celebratory beer afterwards taste even better.

4.    Go to your exam all decked out in Unofficial gear

I plan on going to my exam in full green attire, complete with my light-up shamrock earrings. Get just as into the occasion as you would if you were at a bar or a party. It proves you are a good sport about the whole exam situation. Many professors encourage students to wear green to their exams and to have Unofficial spirit. The exam is only one hour out of your entire day so you should be ready to go out and celebrate the minute that exam is over.

5.    Suck it up and deal with it. We are here for school after all

For all of you out there with an exam probably have called your professor a killjoy under your breath, complained about it to friends or parents and even have tried to devise a plan to take your exam under the influence, know that you are truly here for school. We go to a fantastic, prestigious university and taking exams is just part of the process. It is just one part of your Unofficial and does not need to define it. So just go to your exam, take the test and be done with it. Letting something like this ruin your day would be such a waste of an Unofficial and we only get four. An exam on Unofficial is not a death sentence, just a speed bump in your day and once you get over the speed bump tons of fun awaits.
Thanks to http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhw/ for the photo!