5 Ways To Make Someone's Bad Day Better

5 Ways To Make Someone's Bad Day Better

Lend a helping hand

627
5 Ways To Make Someone's Bad Day Better
Lalesh Aldarwish Pexel

We've all had those days where nothing goes right and we're just waiting and wishing for the day to end. And we've all seen our friends have those days. So, how can we help each other when we're experiencing these horrible, stressful, dreadful days?

1. Give them food

What makes a person happier than food? For most people, nothing. And foods like chocolate can produce endorphins that improve people's moods.

2. Listen

Sometimes, people just need someone to listen. Don't talk, don't give them advice, don't tell them that they're just being dramatic or overreacting, just listen. It feels so good knowing that someone is there to just listen to you pour your heart out. It feels even better knowing that they won't have an ounce of judgement towards you.

3. Give them a hug

Personally, I only occasionally like hugs. If I'm having a bad day though, it helps so much to have a friend hold me for a few seconds.

4. Compliment them

What's better than hearing "your smile is so pretty" or "I love your eyes" when you feel down? Sometimes just a simple sentence can give a person the little boost they need.

5. Make them laugh

Be goofy, tell them a joke, show them a funny video, do whatever it takes to make them laugh. For that split second, they are thinking about the thing that made them laugh, not about what made them sad.