5 Ways To Feel Your Best During The Winter

Your ultimate winter survival guide.

It is unquestionable that the warmth of summer allows us to feel our best selves. Our hair gets lighter, our skin gets darker, and we possess a natural glow that’s hard to replicate. As the seasons change and it begins to get colder, it is easy to get down on ourselves. However, there are some simple ways to combat the brisk weather, and show the cold who’s boss!

1. Cute outfits

There is nothing better than finally breaking out your big comfy sweaters. During these cold winter months, it is essential to stay as warm as possible. By throwing on a comfy sweater with leggings or jeans, and booties, you can accomplish warmth and style all in one.

Having a variety of jacket’s is also a great trick to changing up your day to day look. Pairing simple joggers and a long sleeve with a trendy bomber jacket will leave you comfortable and fashionable. Jacket’s with big fur hoods are always a great photo opportunity, and who doesn’t love that!

2. Self-tanning

I don’t know about you, but I feel my best self when I am tan. Unfortunately, it is hard to achieve the optimal tan during the long winter months. Luckily, there are several products available to achieve natural and healthy looking tans.

Going for a spray tan is an instant self-confidence boost in the middle of January! Other options are St. Tropez Tanning Mousse, Jergens Lotion, and L'Oreal Tanning Towelettes. Who said you can’t bring vacation to your house?

3. Staying hydrated

It is easy for your skin to dry out from the chilly winter air. Always keeping lotion or moisturizer in your bag will help keep your skin moist and glowing.

Drinking water in between endless cups of hot coffee is also important to keeping your body hydrated during these cold months.

4. Fun with accessories

Hats, scarves, and gloves are definitely a winter luxury. Pom-pom hats with a matching scarf are the perfect addition to any cute outfit. Whether you are walking to class or having a fun day with your friends, winter accessories will keep you warm, and looking your best self.

5. Embrace it!

While it may be simple to accomplish the above steps, I’m sure you’re still wishing it was summer. Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do to change the inevitable seasons. Learning to accept it and embrace it will make you not only happy, but give you even more incentive to look forward to the warmth!

Maybe you didn’t know you had a hidden talent for snowboarding. Give winter sports a try, and if you suck at them, at least it’ll give you a great photo opp!

All in all, we all wish it was warm all year long. However, accepting the brutally cold months and making the most of them can truly make us happy, healthy, and most importantly, looking our personal best!