5 Ways To Enjoy Spring Break In Charleston

There is no better time for a Stay-cation, am I right?!

171
Lauren Fowler

Each year, the daunting question start buzzing around campus, “what are your plans for Spring Break?”

As for me, I will be staying in Charleston to enjoy the city and sights without the stress of school work! Although, I wish that I could join my friends in their adventures, I am excited to have the opportunity to explore the city that I love without having to worry about checking my OAKS notifications, or worrying about my Spanish homework deadlines. Here is a list of things that I plan to do in Charleston on my school spring break:

1. Visit a Plantation

The plantations in and around the Charleston areas are simply beautiful. I have visited a couple of them, but there is no better time than the present to scratch one more off of my bucket list, while I have plenty of free time.

2. Plan a Beach Day!

On my Spring Break, I will plan to spend the entire morning on the beach. Possibly the beach in Isle of Palms, simply because I typically never take the time to drive that far away from downtown to enjoy the scene.

3. Take a Walk Through the Historic District

Occasionally, on a sunny evening after work - I will drive down by the Battery to enjoy the view of the waterfront, and the exquisite houses throughout the area. One day on Spring Break, I will take a stroll down South Battery, and past Broad Street to enjoy the houses adorned with white columns and elaborate floral designs.

4. Have Lunch at a New Restaurant!

The city of Charleston is known for its enormous amount of dining options. Quick eats or fine dining options can be found in downtown Charleston and the surrounding areas. Over the week of Spring Break, I will eat lunch at a new restaurant that I have never visited before! Who knows, it may become my new favorite!!

5. Visit a Tourist Attraction

Spring Break is the perfect time to explore the city, and there is no better way than doing that other than taking advantage of the tourist’s attractions that our city has to offer. The South Carolina Aquarium, Patriot’s Point, the Charleston City Market, or even taking a Carriage Tour through downtown. I’ve heard that the best way to explore your city, is to pretend as if you are a tourist, stay tuned for more details!

Luckily, I have all LOTS of options when choosing how to spend my Spring Break. If anyone is looking for a Spring Break Getaway – Charleston, just might be your answer!!