5 Unusual Playlists I Have On My Spotify Right Now, Don't Hate Me

Prepare yourself for some very odd music suggestions.

255

Music is a huge part of society. Whether it be listening to it when you're walking, driving, exercising, cleaning, etc. There are a plethora of reasons to listen to music, whether it's to boost your mood, motivate you, or to bring back memories of a previous time you had heard the song. Everyone has their own personal preference when it comes to music. For me, I listen to music during just about every aspect of my life, accept when I'm sitting in class. I listen to music when I'm driving, walking to my classes, working out, doing homework, cleaning, making dinner or just hanging out. Depending on my mood and what I am doing, I have different preferences for what music I listen to. If you looked at my spotify account, I can promise you that you would find a song from just about every single genre out there. There really isn't much that I don't listen to, and that's probably why I have quite a few unusual playlists on my spotify account. I have a feeling, though, that if you are in the right mood, all of these playlists could speak to you. Or, you may just judge me. Either way, don't hate until you give them a listen

1. Lemonade Mouth (The soundtrack for the amazing Disney Channel Original Movie)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/LemonadeMouthSoundtrack.jpg

Okay, I have absolutely no apologies for this album. This album absolutely slaps. If you are in a good mood, this album will only make you feel better. If you're feeling down and sad, "Determinate" is the song for you. Perhaps you're looking for a little female empowerment, give "She's so gone" a listen. It doesn't matter what you're feeling, this album has a song for you. This album has been a part of my life since the movie was released in 2011. Whether it was in elementary and middle school jamming to it with my sisters, or in high school screaming it in the car with my best friend Jill, or now when I'm feeling a little low, I'll blast it in my dorm room. I truthfully give this album a 9/10

2. My First Album by Peppa Pig

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/MyFirstAlbumPeppaPig.jpg/220px-MyFirstAlbumPeppaPig.jpg

This one I am quite embarrassed about. My roommate had shown me the TV show Peppa Pig last year when I was staying at her house. It then became kind of a joke that we would watch it when we would stay at her house, but eventually I ended up liking the show more than my 18 year old self probably should. Either way, when the album dropped we freaked out and listened to it a bunch. Listening to this album is a bit of a joke for some college students to be doing, but if you have or know a small child I highly recommend listening to it with them. This album gets a 4.5/10, if I were 6 years old or younger than that would probably be a 7/10.

3. Cleaning Kit

https://pl.scdn.co/images/pl/default/7467859880d13c1bf74c6ad341df5394e044f607

Now this name may sound a little weird, but this is a spotify playlist that was designed specifically to be listened to while cleaning, and that's exactly what I use it for. This playlist is a great way to boost morale when you're doing something as boring as cleaning. Personally, I hate cleaning unless I'm in the right mood, then I go absolutely crazy,and this playlist helps me get in that mood. This playlist is loaded up with today's top hits, 90's pop, soft songs and absolute bangers. I give this playlist a 9.5/10 for cleaning music.

1. Kitchen Swagger

https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67706f00000002d5ce097e3b611f9cf4634923

Just like 'Cleaning Kit', this playlist was designed specifically for an activity, this one being cooking. Once again this playlist is a good one to get you in that chefin' mood. Typically when I'm cooking, I'm hungry, so I don't want to waste time trying to find music to listen to. This is my go to. I find that I skip about every 5th song, but there are enough good ones on it to get down to that this is better than letting my belly growl and more than it already is. I give this playlist a 7.5/10.

1. Gunga Ginga: Genesis

http://image.iheart.com/ihr-ingestion-pipeline-production-distrokid/20190814192209374/194676951275/resources/194676951275.jpg

I saved this one for last because if you made it to this part of the article then you may have the same whack music taste as me and this is by far the weirdest thing on my spotify, probably ever. This album features numerous different songs and beats that are all sang with the words "Ginga, Gunga". I truthfully have no idea what this means or if this artist has a reason for this, but I find it weirdly amusing. Of course, I do not binge this whole album in one sitting, or even more than two songs at once. However, the songs on this album have a mysterious way of getting me and my roommate going. It's certainly odd and I don't blame you if you worry about me after listening to it. It's definitely an unusual type of music, but it never ceases to make me laugh and smile and for me that's by far the most important part of listening to music.