5 Tips For When You're Suffering From Writers Block

Write about that annoying guy/girl at the party you went to recently, write about how hot your room is, write about how you don't know what to write about... ANYTHING.

7
bang2write.com

We have reached a rare point in my life where I am suffering from a writers worst nightmare: writers block. It's okay, breathe, it happens.... don't freak out!

We are in this together, fellow writers. Writing can be difficult, especially when you're on a schedule and can't just write when inspiration strikes. Writing a blog can be particularly difficult because you have to worry about how shareable your blog is, if it's funny or insightful enough, or if you are writing about current issues and not just that old movie that you just re watched for the 500th time. Have no fear, help is here! Here are a few tips for my fellow writers that I have found helpful when I have writers block.

1. Go do something else and come back to it later.

Staring at a screen or a notebook is going to do nothing to help. You will either get frustrated and make writers block even worse, or you'll decide upon a topic you really don't care about just so you have something written down. Remember, your best writing comes out of things you care about.

2. Look up some writing prompts.

A lot of writers feel like this is some form of cheating. Don't worry, it's not. Writing prompts can be a great way to come up with new ideas or bring up past ideas that you may have forgotten about.

3. Just start writing literally everything and anything.

Seriously write down random words. Write about that annoying guy/girl at the party you went to recently, write about how hot your room is, write about how you don't know what to write about... ANYTHING. This will help get you started and get those creative juices flowing.

4. Read a new book or search out some articles to read.

If all else fails you can write a review on either of them. But, you could also get some ideas on writing styles, ideas, or a discussion you want to start. Reading other people's writing can really help to improve yours.

5.Write out tips on how to handle writers block.

If all else fails, follow my lead. Write out a few tips so others don't have to suffer your fate. You get to help yourself out and other people too, and ain't that the best?

Hope this little list helps you get your writing juices flowing. Go forth and write beautiful masterpieces of art my friends! I hope you get all the shares,likes,and retweets! You deserve it after all that hard work!