5 Tips To Make Traveling Terrific

5 Tips To Make Traveling Terrific

How to make traveling just as great as it looks on Instagram

4
5 Tips To Make Traveling Terrific
Emma Epperly

It seems as though everyone LOVES to travel. All those Instagram posts with creative travel captions about vacays, jet setting, and adventuring. I am guilty of it, just like most 20-somethings. However, that really does not accurately depict the reality of traveling. It is long hours in the airport binge-watching a mildly entertaining Netflix show and eating crappy food. Don't even get me started on middle seats, chatty plane buddies, and crying babies. So in order to fully enjoy your next extremely Instagramable travel experience, here are 5 tips to make your long travel days just a little bit better.

1. Dress in your best cute comfy outfit and make sure to bring a sweater

Every time you fly you see a pretty and obviously successful women dressed in their business best with those ridiculous pumps on that cannot be comfortable but you are slightly jealous. So wear something cute enough to make you feel confident but comfortable enough for you to relax. We all forget how cold planes and airports can be so bring a sweater that can also double as a nice little blanket or a pillow if necessary.

2. Bring a water bottle

This is something that we discount all the time because you can't bring liquids through security. But, bringing a water bottle when you travel helps you stay hydrated and keeps you from relying on your flight attendant for that. It also makes the post flight blues a lot better.

3. Do not forget the extra batteries

Banking on your flight to have outlets is a risky decision. Make sure to bring a battery phone case or a little charging stick for your Kindle. There is nothing worse than your phone dying and then having to sit and listen to the guy sitting next to you's music.

4. Download all of your favorites.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Kindle, Audible and even Youtube have downloadable content that you can access anytime anywhere. Spotify, Apple Music and Soundcloud all have downloadable options as well. Never again do you have to be stuck on a plane with nothing to watch, listen to, or read.

5. Make the best of your travel experience, no matter what comes your way.

So much of life is about your attitude. If your flight gets delayed? Find the best restaurant in the airport. You miss your flight? Catch up on some work, read the book you've been meaning to read, or buy some tacky souvenirs. Make the best of traveling because it's not only the destination that matters but the journey as well.