5 Thoughts You Have In Sephora If You're A Makeup Novice

As told by Jennifer Lawrence

114
YouTube

Overwhelming.

That's the word that comes to mind when I walk into Sephora, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Those who aren't beauty fans wonder why, since to them it's the same basic products throughout the entire store: foundation, lipstick, mascara, etc. The overwhelmed feeling comes into play when you realize there are simply too many variations of these products.

Do I stick with my Urban Decay foundation that I've been using for years? Or do I want to be trendy and see if the Fenty foundation is worth the hype? Should I buy the honey love MAC matte lipstick? Or step out of my comfort zone with a bright pink YSL shade?

Nevertheless, makeup fans all over the world can agree that they've had these thoughts while shopping in Sephora at least once in their lives.

1. Maybe I'll try something new

...but what if I regret it? Is it even worth it? I guess I could always return it, but do I really want to have to come back here? On second thought, I'll just stick with my usual.

2. What do you mean they stopped making that product?

I've been using it for the last five years. It's the only one that works for my skin type. Of course, this happens to me. I guess now I have to try something new.

3. Okay, do I get the cheap version or the expensive one that Jaclyn Hill raved about in her last video?

Let's be real...can I even afford the expensive one? Can I even afford anything in this store? Chill, I have a plan. I'll just get this one expensive thing instead of two cheap things. Now that's what I call compromise.

4. Wait, what's my shade?

This one is too dark, I look like I got a spray tan gone wrong. This is too light, but duh, that's why bronzer exists. Do I have to buy bronzer now too?

5. Is this good for my skin type? Do I look weird? Can someone help me?

I need an employee to walk around with me and make a list of what I should get because this is too much for me.