Vegetarianism wisdom before you make the transition.

5 things you should know before making the transition from carnivore to herbivore

A few things to know before transitioning to vegetarianism.

20
Personal Image
Juila Smoot

A few months ago, I went through the transition from meat eater to plant-based. It was difficult of course, considering I had lived basically my entire life with a family who loved to make things such as steak, chicken, fish etc for every dinnertime meal we spent together. But once I got into the swing of things, it was a breeze! Here are just a few things that I have learned since changing my lifestyle!

1. It is difficult when you first start

If there is one thing that you should know, it is not always easy. Of course, it varies from person to person. But you should always expect there to be some difficulty that comes with starting a new lifestyle like this one!

2. People will ask "so what do you eat?"

I have gotten this question plenty of times when I tell people that I am a vegetarian. They seem so amazed and so confused and always ask, "so like... what do you eat?" I'll tell you the answer is very simple. You basically eat the same things everyone else does just, minus the meat!

3. You'll have to try lots of new things

When you realize some go to foods are not exactly a possibility anymore, you're going to be able to try so many new ones! Becoming vegetarian definitely opened up my horizons to so many different foods at restaurants and even at home. And I have to say I have become a pretty skilled cook because of it!

4. Remember to get your protein!

If there is one big thing that I have learned, it is that protein is very important, and you can get it in so many other ways than just meat!!

5. Make it your own

Whether you are deciding to go vegetarian because you want to try something new, or you have a certain belief, make it your own! Try all sorts of new foods and even learn to cook a few fun things. Trust me, its great!

I hope these few little things were helpful in giving you an idea of what to come if you are considering changing to a plant-based lifestyle too!