5 Things You Should NEVER Say About Your Body

5 Things You Should NEVER Say To Yourself While You're On A Weight Loss Journey

You've got to be nice to yourself to make progress.

889
Brianna Moran

Nobody said a weight loss journey was easy. What makes it easier is a whole lot of self-love — negative self-talk will only make life harder.

1. "Ugh, I'm such a fat*ss"

This will not only throw your self-esteem down the toilet, but it will also prevent you from looking at the areas on your body that you have lost weight in.

2. "I had way too much to eat last night at dinner, I have to starve myself today."

Whether it's light-hearted or not (it should never be a joke to starve yourself) it's just a very unhealthy statement. It's not about eating it's about how much food you're consuming and what types of food you're consuming.

3. "I wish I had a body like theirs."

This one I can really relate to because I would constantly compare my body to other girls and I would be so upset if my results didn't end up like theirs. After years of saying that to myself, I finally realized that everyone's' bodies grow and lose weight in different ways, and comparing myself would only ruin my journey to weight loss.

4. "I'm so mad at myself for not exercising today."

Sometimes you will make a mistake while trying to lose weight. Maybe you'll forget to exercise one day because you got busy, or maybe eat an unhealthy choice — the list could go on. However, being super tough on yourself will only stress yourself out on the journey to weight loss. There's a difference between discipline and overdoing things.

5. "It's too hard, I give up!"

Yes, losing weight can definitely be a pain at first, but giving up should never be your solution. It took me five years to figure out what kind of diet and exercise really works for me and that's what I kept sticking to! Nothing is ever as easy as pie. You need to put a healthy amount of work into your weight loss journey!