5 Things To Do In Oklahoma

5 Things To Do In Oklahoma

Oklahoma may seem like a middle of nowhere state but there's plenty of things to do here.

27
5 Things To Do In Oklahoma
Eric Lanning

Oklahoma may seem like a middle of nowhere state that has nothing for you to do. Surprisingly, there's many things to do around here! Below is a list of some great places to go this summer for under $30.

1. Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum

The Oklahoma City Memorial gives you insight to remember the men, women, and children that were killed in the Oklahoma City Bombing. With 2 beautiful monuments, The Gates of Time, symbolizing the last moments of peace, 9:01, and the the first moments of recovery, 9:03. There are also a total of 168 empty chairs to represent those who lost their lives.

2. Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge

The refuge was established to protect wildlife. There are many nature trails, tours, camping and rock climbing sites. This is free of charge and open seven days a week, except for holidays.

3. Route 66 Museum

The museum has a variety of different things to look at. It offers the chance to experience the history of the infamous Route 66. With a diner replica, you can experience what American families experiences in the 1950s.

4. Turner Falls

Turner Falls is a great place for nature lovers. Located in Davis, Oklahoma you can go on great hiking trails, there's natural swimming areas, and 3 natural caves for you to explore.

5. Natural Falls State Park

A state park in the Ozarks, Natural Falls State Park features a 77 foot waterfall. It's a great place to get a couple of friends and picnic with! In 1974, the movie adaptation of "Where the Red Fern Grows" was filmed in the park.