5 Things You Need To Pack For Your Next Trip

I never leave home without these essentials.
69

With summer right around the corner, a lot of students look forward to hopping on a flight and traveling out of the country for internships, jobs, visiting family, or simply for a vacation. Of course, there are the basics to pack such as a water bottle and a passport, I have collected a list of five things to bring with you anywhere you go. If it's a weekend getaway to a city or traveling internationally, these items are highly recommended.

1. A comfy pair of shoes to pair with anything

If you're anything like me, you'll constantly want to be moving around and going from place to place. This means you'll be on your feet all day and need comfort as well as support. I love stan smith's because they're easy to put on/take off and they really go with whatever outfit I'm wearing. If it's shorts or a casual romper, I reach for these pair of sneakers.

2. A baseball cap

There have been so many instances traveling around that I reach for my baseball cap, if it's to block the sun from my eyesight, to round an outfit together, or to cover up old hair, my hat will be there for me. I have also used it when I lost all of my hairbands, real-world life hack.

3. A best friend to travel with

I have traveled along the coast of Japan by myself and done numerous day trips in China by myself I actually prefer to travel with a friend. Meals are shared, views are looked at together, everything is better because another person can share the memories experienced together. Be careful to choose a traveling buddy that is flexible with the schedule and doesn't mind plans changing at a moment's notice, I've learned that traveling as a whole can be unpredictable.

4. A bomb playlist to jam to

You're gonna have a ton of periods where you're waiting for a taxi/bus, sitting on an airplane, waiting for the train or sitting in the hotel where you'll wish you had a pair of headphones to listen to some music. I have also discovered new music I love overseas, taking my phone out and using SoundCloud to discover music that's popular at the moment. Even when I return home and listen to the same song, it takes me back to when I first heard it and what I was doing.

5. A notebook

My grandpa writes every single day and has an entire bookcase dedicated to collecting all of his notebooks. I don't write every day but I do have a traveling notebook I write in and draw when I travel overseas. It allows me to document more than my photos and looking back at my old entries, I remember where I was and what I was doing. A picture can only capture a second of the day but a journal entry can capture hours or days.