5 Things I've Noticed Since I Started Using a Fitbit

From a Flex 2 Enthusiast

6
www.similarweb.com

1. I actually want to exercise.

It has always been a challenge to motivate myself, but ever since I could see the progress I made, I’ve been making more of an effort to workout. After all, seeing the positive results is always nice!

2. I have become more mindful of my eating habits.

Fitbits allow you to log your daily calorie intake. You can also set calorie goals. For example, women eat about 2,000 calories a day. So you can set a 2,000 calorie limit, and you’ll be notified if you exceed it. That being said, I still slack on logging every single thing I eat everyday, but seeing just how many calories I accumulate makes me remember to eat a vegetable every once in a while.

3. I am now fully aware of what a terrible sleeper I am.

Another cool thing about the Fitbit, is if you wear it through the night, it can track your sleeping patterns and give you an accurate estimate of how many hours of sleep you got. I realized that I had been getting an average of 4-5 hours of sleep a night… yeah, not good. Having a Fitbit has definitely made me aspire to reach my goal of 8 hours… so we’ll see if I get there.

4. Drinking more water has never been more exciting.

Just like with food, you can log your daily water intake on your Fitbit app. It makes me want to substitute that extra cup of coffee or tea with another glass of H2O. Not to mention the satisfaction you get when you achieve your 6-8 glass goal and mini confetti explodes on your screen. It doesn’t get much better than that!

5. I walk way more than I used to.

The Fitbit also tracks the number of steps you take throughout the day. You can set a goal… mine is 10,000 steps –but it’s not that much of a stretch because I’m a college student, so I do a lot of walking anyway. I have found that if it’s not freezing outside, I will take the long way to wherever I have to go, and sometimes I even go for walks to achieve my goal.