5 Things NOT to do on Black Friday

5 Things NOT to do on Black Friday

Mobs of people? No thanks!

25
5 Things NOT to do on Black Friday

This week means Thanksgiving...and Black Friday. Sure, not everyone takes part in it, but it's a whole other holiday of its own. It's also insane! Many people don't go out on Black Friday because of the crazy crowds and trampling that always happens. However, you can go out and avoid all of this and have a great time! Take it from the expert! Here are five things NOT to do on Black Friday.

1. DO NOT go to an electronics store...or Walmart.

Electronic stores and Walmart are the motherland of crazy Black Friday stories. This is especially true if you go really early. The early crowd is crazy, but you can guarantee that Best Buy or Walmart will look like a tornado of crazy went through it in the afternoon. If you want an electronic, might I suggest cyber Monday instead?

2. DO NOT leave the house without food or a plan for food.

I am convinced that a lot of the arguing and other stuff that happens on Black Friday is due to lack of sleep or food. If you know that you get cranky when hungry (like myself), then either eat before you leave or have time allotted for food. My family will always start out the shopping with Panera or something else that will definitely fill us up. If you are saving cash for Christmas presents, I suggest making a breakfast out of leftover Thanksgiving food. Zero judgement if you're eating a turkey biscuit.

3. DO NOT go out super early your first time.

Sure, the early bird gets the whole experience, but getting up at three in the morning is a bit much for the first time. That's also when you'll run into the cray people. Instead, consider waking up at five and cruise into the stores a bit later. Sure, you won't have as many items, but it's a better way to experience the hype of Black Friday among a more docile crowd.

4. DO NOT underestimate the line to Starbucks.

On Black Friday, many places are crazy just because there are so many people out. This is so true for Starbucks as well. Coffee is like the nectar of the gods to many on Black Friday. You can bet your newly purchased goods that there will be a line. The same will probably be said for any coffee shop close to the stores, so it's pretty much unavoidable. That means you better bring entertainment and your patience.

5. DO NOT forget to respect the people working.

This is an easy thing to forget when you're in a super long line and it feels like it's inching along. Some of the stores have been open since midnight, so it's likely that your 6:30 a.m. stop is when the workers are the most tired. You can stop or take a nap, but they can't. Even just being nice to them when they ring you up is better than nothing. After all, they are the reason that you can get the awesome gift you've been eyeing. No workers, no stores open.

Now Black Friday newbies, go out into the world and own it!