5 Great Things About The Holiday Season In South Florida
Holidays

Who said you can't go to the beach in the middle of December?

208
holiday mall
Kelli Payne

This is my first holiday season in college, and I have many friends who have come here to Florida Gulf Coast from out of state. I am an in-state student coming from Palm Beach, FL, where the sun is out year-round, and we take the boat out on Christmas evening. Peers from Chicago or New Jersey have asked me how it feels during the holiday season, and even though we don't have snow or a stash of sweaters to whip out from the back of our closet, we do have beautiful weather and many exciting events around the state that make the holidays in SoFlo very special.

Here are 5 things to look forward to in South Florida this holiday season!

1. Year-round Warm Weather!

Palm Beach Island, FL

Kelli Payne

SoFlo's "winters" consist of sunny afternoons and an occasional day below 60. Other than that, our weather stays moderately warm and beaches available every day of the year!

2. Christmas at Disney World!

Epcot at Disney

Kelli Payne

According to a Walt Disney Resort blog, Disney displayed nearly 8.5 million Christmas lights throughout the season, around 1,300 wreaths, and about 171.6 MILES of ribbon. Talk about dedication.

3. Beachy, Coastal Decorations!

Christmas Tiki Hut

Kelli Payne

From Christmas lights on palm trees to stockings hanging from the hurricane shutters, Floridians certainly have a way of putting their own spin on their holiday decor.

4. Wealthy Areas Who Get Extra AF

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Kelli Payne

As many know, South Florida is a big hub for retirees. With that being said, a good amount of folk have a grand amount of time to decorate for the holiday season. Many neighborhoods collaborate and create a magical walkway for all to stroll through and enjoy beautiful lights.

5. Tropical Santas!

West Palm Beach, FL

Kelli Payne

This picture honestly says it all.