5 Stupid Internet Slang Terms

5 Internet Slang Terms That Are Stupid

LOLZ mama, Yassss Qween Gawd!

38

If you have followed my writing, you'll know that even though I am a millennial, I despise millennials. I hate all our dumb trends and sayings. I hate what we value. I hate what we spend our time doing.

If you've followed my writing, you'll also know that I hate the Internet. In fact, I did an article about 4 things I hate on the internet, please look this up after you read this. In that article, I briefly mentioned that I hate the trend of intentionally misspelling things on social media. I also mention that I hate social media slang, but never went fully into detail.

Well, now I am. Here are 5 terms used on the internet that are stupid.

1. Mood

Okay, what does this even mean? I've seen this used as a good thing, a bad thing, an indifferent thing. You might as well just use "aloha." And why don't we just put a feeling or adjective before using the word "mood?"

2. Periodt

Seriously, what is wrong with saying "period" at the end of your definitive statement that you claim to be done talking about, but you likely will respond to comments disagreeing with you. And why do people need to use the word "period" when they are already ending their sentence with a punctuation mark? And why doe some people do this after they ended a sentence with a period? And why do people sometimes add an unnecessary "t" to this word? Especially when both spellings seem to mean the same thing.

3. Snapped, or even worse Snappedt

Again, another phrase with an unnecessary "t." However, I think these two spellings mean two different things. If you say something against someone, you snapped. If you put on a dress and makeup, you snappedt. Either way, they're both dumb.

4. Mom

Mostly used towards female celebrities, drag queens, or people on reality tv. This is just creepy, as the gif shown above is clearly telling us. These people are not your mother. They likely don't even know who you are. RuPaul's Drag Race contestant, Katya, has spoken against her fans who have done this, because she finds it weird. And if Katya thinks something is weird, it's weird.

5. Living my best life

upload.wikimedia.org

What the hell does this even mean? And what do you have to do to accomplish it? Because it seems like all you have to do is either go to the beach or on vacation. Can you stay at home to live your best life?