5 Songs That Describe The Life Of An English Major

It's not all poetry and sunshine.

275
The Shield

Being an English major is no easy feat. We are reading books every week that are 400 pages plus. We are writing small two to three page papers every week and then longer five page papers every couple of weeks, and we usually finish off the semester with a paper that is anywhere from 10-20 pages. It is an endless cycle of reading, writing, analyzing, identifying, quoting, creating, arguing, defending, and theorizing. Being an English major means a lot of coffee and a lot of all nighters. Here's a small list of songs that describe what it really feels like to be an English major.

1. "Work" by Rihanna

That's all we're ever doing.

2. "Oxford Comma" by Vampire Weekend

You definitely know what this is if you're an English major, and it's definitely a love-hate relationship.

3. "Drowning" by A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

We're drowning in all the work we have to do; it's a surprise we don't suffocate under the pages.

4. "Stressed Out" by Twenty One Pilots

There's no way you wouldn't be stressed out with the amount of work we have to do.

5. "Poet" by Bastille

At the end of the day, despite all of the torture and hard work, we English majors are still a sucker for words. We rely on paper and pen and hope that our words will one day allow us to live forever.