Practice Self-Care With These 5 Motivational Books

It's always a good time to practice self-help and self-care.

11

Whether you're feeling like you're stuck in a rut, are looking to take your next big step in life, or are just ready to improve your life and happiness, self-help books are a great place to start. By consuming the knowledge and experience from authors who have been in your shoes, you can help yourself break through barriers and achieve everything you want in life.

If you're ready to indulge in some self-care and motivate yourself to find more happiness, dive into one of these five fantastic books:

1. "A Year of Yes" by Shonda Rhimes

Get inspired to stop saying "no" to unexpected adventures and embrace what life throws your way. Shonda Rhimes challenged herself to say "yes" to everything life threw at her for a full year and chronicled how this completely changed her life for the better.

2. "Unf*ck Yourself" by Gary John Bishop

This is a great read to help you move past your self-imposed limitations, empower yourself, leave your anxieties behind, and improve your life.

3. "YOU Are a Badass" by Jen Sincero

Jen Sincero is a success coach who compiled her best pieces of advice, meaningful stories, and healthy exercises you can put to use to help make you happy into this great book. Quit behaviors that keep you from achieving what you want and replace them with motivation to create a life you love.

4. "10% Happier" by Dan Harris

This book is all about the power of meditation. Author Dan Harris is a firm believer in the benefits of meditation and gives his own personal look into how he achieved a life of self-actualization and spirituality through meditation.

5. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson

You don't ALWAYS have to look for the good side in things to be a happy human. Mark Manson works to redefine what it means to become a happier person by talking about life in a brash, raw, and real way and helping you learn how to accept that sometimes life will give you low points.