5 Reminders To Help You Survive Your Week

Remember when we thought college was going to be different from high school? We were WRONG. The difference is how we handle and deal with drama and other situations.

77

Remember when we thought college was going to be different from high school? We were WRONG. The difference is how we handle and deal with drama and other situations. Here are five reminders that I use to get through my week.

1. Shit be like that sometimes 

I've learned that stuff happens out of our control. Why should we stress about something we cannot control? Why not worry about what we can? Just like our reactions and how we handle these curve balls, shit happens and there's nothing we can do about it. It's simple.

2. TRUST NO ONE

This is something I learned in high school: There is no such thing as a best friend. There is NO such thing as privacy. In college, it's the same. Roommates can stab you in the back. People start rumors and people snitch. Trust no one with your life or details. It might be used against you.

3. People will always try to hurt you, so don't let them

People in my life have always tried to hurt me. They have done anything and said anything to harm me for any reason. You have to remind yourself that you are better than them. You have something that they don't and that's why they want to hurt you. Don't let them get under your skin–it only gives them satisfaction. You're a bad bitch. Own it.

4. Let them underestimate you.

I know this may be cynical, but let people underestimate you. It really helps me when it comes to defense. People have always underestimated me and when they least expect it, they regret that they ever doubted me or thought they could win. There is nothing wrong with being a silent killer. ;)

5. Always think like Cardi B

Cardi B is known for having no filter and not giving a f*** about what anyone says. Be like Cardi. Don't let the haters get to you. Prove them wrong. We will never be good enough for anyone, so why waste time trying to satisfy them? Be you and be powerful. Live your life the way you want to and ignore others. It's the key to happiness. If others want to hate, let them. Be the center of their world and let them waste their time talking about you. Am I right?