5 Reasons Why I Love Gilmore Girls

5 Reasons Why I Love Gilmore Girls

Where you lead, I will follow.
135

I am the worst at keeping up with the latest shows. Most of the time, I don’t get into a show until they have several seasons out, or they have been done with the show for awhile. Gilmore Girls is one of those shows. The show ran from October 2000 to May 2007. I was between the ages of four and eleven when this show aired. So, this time, I’m using my age as the reason why I didn’t watch a show until it was way over. I was too busy watching Disney Channel and PBS. I started watching the show a couple months before the revival came out in 2016. Honestly, I didn’t know what to think going into it, but it looked like a show that I would like. I was right. Here are five reasons why I love Gilmore Girls.

The Characters

I can’t pick a favorite. I love each character for different reasons. I love Lorelei because she’s strong and independent. She knew her worth. Michel for is sarcasm and loyalty. He might be cranky, but he was always there. Sookie for her positivity and kindness. I love how Luke was always there for the people that he loved no matter the cost. Rory’s love for books, family, and food. She’s also strong, intelligent, and independent. Jess for his love for books, and how he turned his life around.

Emily’s strive to be the best, her love for her family, and her bluntness. She’s not afraid to say what’s on her mind. Richard was relatable to every character. Richard is intelligent like Rory, same sense of humor as Lorelai, and him to speak his mind like Emily. He was also caring and loving, but could also be very stubborn.

The dialogue

The show is filled with one-liners and sarcasm. My kind of show. The dialogue was also fast-paced and hilarious. If I ever need a pick-me-up, and need something to watch, most of the time I will watch Gilmore Girls. It puts me in a good mood. I can’t help but smile.

Stars Hollow

I have wanted to live in Stars Hollow ever since I started watching the show. Stars Hollow is like a beautiful town in a magical globe filled with unique and interesting people. Where there is always something to do, and festivals to go to.

The Townspeople

The people of Stars Hollow are a very interesting bunch. They are so close that it’s like one giant family. Luke and Taylor’s are always bickering about something, Miss Patty and Babette know verything that goes on in the town, and Kirk is always up to something whether it’s hanging out at the diner or working one of his various jobs. There might be drama at times, but they will always be there for each other when it matters most.

It’s relatable

Gilmore Girls is filled with quirky characters that we can all relate to in some way or another. The series shows that if you work hard it will pay off, that school is the most important thing, and it’s okay to struggle from time to time. Things have a funny way of working out in the end. Sometimes, it might not be the way you think. Gilmore Girl’s teaches you that it’s okay to be different because everyone’s paths are not the same. That taking chances and risks are a part of life, and no challenge is too big. That no matter what happens, there is always something to be taken away from it.