Falling In Love Young Is Important

Falling In Love Young Is Important

“No one is too young for love, because love doesn’t come from mind, which knows your age, but from your heart, which knows no age.”

1462
Falling In Love Young Is Important

Everyone has always told me to never fall in love at a young age. That school and your career are far more important than love. That these should be the priority because being in a relationship is probably a waste of time. However, falling in love at a young age has a myriad of benefits. Heck, even being heartbroken at a young age is advantageous. These are just some of the most five important things being in love at a young age has taught me.

1. You Learn More About Yourself

What I have noticed since dating my current boyfriend, whom is truly one of a kind, is that I have grown to learn a lot about myself, some parts I never even knew were there. He has helped bring out pieces of my personality and has even shaped the person I am today. The impact he has made not only on my life, but me as a person, has made me better. I've learn to laugh more, appreciate both the good and the bad, and grown to understand that life is not always about your career. Being in love with a person at a young age can help open your mind up to the impossible. They can compel you to strive to be your best self. And through that, you can learn to be your best self not just for your significant other, but for you. And because of that, you will find yourself discovering bits and pieces of your personality everyday.

2. Failure Is Okay

Falling in love young taught me that it's okay to fail. When you are in a relationship, you may find yourself always wanting to be perfect for your boyfriend or girlfriend. However, life is not perfect and no one is perfect. I would have not learned this if it weren't for my boyfriend. He's been extremely supportive through all my accomplishments and failures. Because of his unconditional care, pep talks, and comfort, I've accepted the things I did not achieve. Having that partner who loves you and will always love you through your ups and downs, really makes failing more acceptable.

3. You Need Less To Be Happy

When you love someone, material things become less important and your yearning for them decreases.This is important because you realize that, in life, it doesn't take much to make you happy. A person's presence and their ability to make you smile is all that really matters. Additionally, you learn to understand that things will only make you happy for a short period of time, whether it be an article of clothing, or a new piece of technology. Those things will only be "cool" and "in" for a brief moment and will only make you happy for that long. When you are in love young, you are compelled to understand that what makes you the happiest, are the people around you and those who truly care about you and love you. Plus, your significant other is most likely to continue to always make you smile, laugh, and giggle.

4. Family Is Important

Growing up, most people tend to stray away from home and establish a life for themselves. You soon become busy and family becomes less and less important. But when you meet someone and fall in love with them, especially at a young age, you want them to feel apart of your family and to have your parents' blessing (because you want them over all the time). My boyfriend's family is currently all the way in Illinois and he is all the way out here in California, alone. It wasn't until I brought him home, I realized how lucky I am to be close to my family. He always wishes he could see his parents and sister more, to be home with his dog, and to eat his mom's home cooked meals. Through him, I was able to realize and start to remember the importance of what family means. How family will always be there for me and that I am apart of something. He taught me that I will always have a place to go with welcoming arms, and that, like himself, I have various people who love and support me.

5. You're Going to Want A Dog

Let's be honest, when you are in a relationship and you both love each other, you're going to want to start a family. You are going to want a dog. I mean, you're going to want a dog no matter what, in love or not. But being in love, you're going to want a dog more than ever though. You are going to want something to call not only yours, but as well as your partner's. It then becomes an "our" and that's what makes you want that dog even more. And I think this is important to know about yourself because it makes you realize that you can potentially see yourself having something other than a dog with this person. It makes you mature faster in a sense, and heck, you can get a dog.