5 Reasons Why Being Bald Is Awesome

5 Reasons Why Being Bald Is Awesome

Some think being bald is some sort of disadvantage, but they're wrong...so wrong.

5 Reasons Why Being Bald Is Awesome
David Siglin

I started shaving my head about 5 years ago. Prior to that, I used clippers with no guard and had it almost shaved, but there was still evidence of some hair. When I had hair, it was blonde so when it started thinning when I was around 30, I looked bald on top anyway. I fought the good fight on that for a year or so, finally gave in and ultimately started using clippers. First with a guard (I can't remember the number though) and then, as I grew bolder and more comfortable with the look, I progressed to no guard.

But shaving it with a razor was a big step. Some folks don't have the proper head shape to go with the clean shaven head look. I've got a big round melon on my neck, so I thought I could pull it off. I like how it looks. Most people don't even remember me with hair now.

Here are my top five reasons that being bald is awesome:

1. Shampoo?! What shampoo?

Think of all the money I'm saving because I don't have to buy shampoo. One time a kid asked me if I used shampoo on my bald head. This earned him one of THOSE looks. You know the one. You give them to people when they asked you an obviously stupid question. I informed him that I just washed my head with soap and he looked horrified. Anyway, I'm saving money by being bald. Speaking of saving money...

2. I don't go to the barber shop.

Now look, if you're a dude and you're going to a hair stylist, I'm 100% going to make fun of you. Your man card is in a little danger here. Men go to the barber shop and I'm not accepting any arguments on this. I get that there are lots of pretty hair stylists and you think you've got a chance by being her customer, but, chances are, you don't.

Anyway, I always enjoyed going to the barber shop and I do miss that part of it...but I'm saving money by shaving my own head.

3. The "look".

I'm a fairly big dude and the bald head with a goatee look has worked to my advantage more often than not. I've been called "Stone Cold" many times. That is completely fine with me because, well, Stone Cold is awesome. There are certainly worse looks I could have associated with me. I'll take Stone Cold.

4. "I love bald men. Just because you've lost your fuzz, don't mean you ain't a peach." -Dolly Parton

Exactly. If it's good enough for Dolly, it's good enough for me.

5. How tough does this dude look?

I rest my case.