5 Reasons to Stop Caring What Others Think About You

Start living your life for you!!

64

Welcome to my new series! The 20 day countdown to my 20th birthday. This is a birthday present to myself, because I will be able to look back and read these, along with sharing my experiences and life lessons with others. These articles will be decently short and will be based completely off of the things I think and have gone through.

Since we were a young age we've been told not to let others' opinions and words change who we are or what we want to do, yet we still let them change us.

Personally, over the last few years I have worked to stop this entirely, of course I'm human and it still happens, but let me give you 5 reasons why you should work to hard to live your life your way and stop caring about others opinions.

1. Mental Freedom:

Mental health is a huge thing right now, between lockdowns, covid, and the hate on social media apps. Not caring about what other people think is truly so mentally freeing. It allows you to create things that you want to create, listen to what you want to listen to and overall just take care of yourself.

2. You will have so much more time focusing on what you want and need: 

When others take up so much of our mental and emotional time, so when you leave those in the past and they stop taking space in your head you can realize what you need and want you want.

3. You will have time to take care of yourself:

When you stop caring about what others think you start caring what you think. You can spend more time taking care of yourself and becoming the best version of yourself.

4. Your dreams become limitless: 

When you stop focusing on others you can focus on your dreams. You can turn them into reality and without the pressures or opinions of others. It becomes who you want to become and how much work you're willing to put into where you want to go.

5. Life is too short to care: 

Life is so much better, easier, and way more fun when you don't care what others care or say about you. Take it from me, when you don't care about what others say it feels a lot better than listening to them.

Overall, putting yourself first and forgetting about what others say and think can only positively impact your mental and physical health. Start putting yourself first! It's time to make the world a happier place and the best way to do it is to become the happiest you.