5 Reasons Why Maluma Is The Next Artist That You Need To See In Concert

Not only is Maluma a talented singer, but he can really put on a great performance!

649
Facebook

A few months ago I found out that Maluma (Juan Luis Londoño), my favorite Colombian reggaeton artist, would be on tour promoting his newest album, "F.A.M.E". I immediately bought a ticket and fast forward to this past weekend, my friend and I finally drove to see him in concert. It was an amazing experience to say the least and I haven't been able to stop playing his music anywhere and everywhere since. If you haven't heard of this talented man before, here are some of the reasons why you should look into his music and put him on your list of artists to see in concert. Also, if you don't speak Spanish, no worries! Maluma is releasing new music in English as well. His latest single, "Hands On Me" even features the rap artist, Rae Sremmurd.

1. His vocals are incredible. (He held a note for what felt like a good 3 minutes without taking a breath!)

In my opinion, Maluma sounds just as good in person, if not better than he does on his recorded tracks. He belted out the lyrics to every song and you could feel the emotions attached to each word that he sang. This beats the lip-syncing or auto-tune that seems unavoidable at many concerts today.

2. Basically the whole concert was one big party. There was confetti flying through the air, strobe lights, and LOTS of dancing. '

I have never been to a concert more lively and upbeat as this one! The back-up dancers looked like they came right out of the movie, "Step-Up" and the flame special effects really added to the overall "fire" performance. As for Maluma, he really engaged the audience and at one point he had the whole crowd salsa dancing to his song, "Felices los Cuatro". Even though my dance moves are quite embarrassing, I couldn't help but join in!

3. He really knows how to woo the ladies.

At every show that Maluma puts on, one lucky girl is picked from the audience and is given the chance to go up on stage. She is then sat down in a chair while Maluma serenades her with his hit single, "El Perdedor". Now I don't know about you, but that sounds like an amazing experience to me!

4. His tracks immediately put you in a better mood

.

One of my favorite songs by Maluma, "Carnaval" is about letting go of the stress in your life and being present in the moment. As a student this message is very powerful because at times cur lives can be a bit overwhelming. I think that this song really puts the human experience into perspective, and reminds us that it shouldn't be taken too seriously all of the time.

5. Did I mention the fact that he is extremely handsome??

This point is pretty self-explanatory, but I will highlight the fact that in person he has perfectly sculpted abs and a jawline that could slice an apple.