5 Reasons it's officially Christmas time

It's after Thanksgiving
75

Thanksgiving is over now so now we can focus on getting ready for Christmas. Here are 5 reasons that I know it is Christmas time.

1. Hallmark Christmas Movies

Hallmark Channel started their Christmas movies the weekend before Halloween. So the Christmas movies have been playing for about a month now. It's my fourth year that my mom and I have been watching the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. I love curling up with a blanket and watching Hallmark Christmas movies. Spoiler Alert: all movies end in either a kiss, an engagement or both. Watch for yourself and see how the movie ends.

2. Christmas Lights

I have heard from some people today that they have or are putting up Christmas lights. Even driving around my neighbourhood this morning I saw a few people putting up lights. Christmas lights are one of my favourite parts of Christmas because it makes everything feel so festive.

3. Christmas Trees

Now that Thanksgiving is over it is acceptable to put up a Christmas tree. Today, I have seen a handful of people who went looking for the right tree or have put their trees up. Seeing Christmas trees with simple lights and simple ornaments are my favourite because they look so festive and aesthetic.

4. Christmas Music

My local radio station has started playing their Christmas music since November 19. I start listening to Christmas music after Halloween not in full swing until after Thanksgiving. Christmas music is a great way to get into the holiday spirit.

5. Christkindlmarkt (Bethlehem, PA)

This one is local to my area. Christkindlmarkt in Bethlehem PA is a Christmas market with artists and vendors that sell art, there's food, entertainment and even St. Nick. Bethlehem is a location for the Christmas season hence Bethlehem is known as the Christmas City. Just walking up and down Main Street after going to Christkindlmarkt is great to get in the Christmas spirit.