5 Reactions You Get When You Don't Follow The Path Expected Of You

Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.

26
Keith Shields

Some of us are choosing to pave paths for ourselves that are rarely expected. Whether that's going into a risky career, have an abnormal educational path, speaking your mind, or something even bigger, people aren't always supportive of our decisions, and everyone tends to have a different approach to how they react.

1. The person who just can't understand

This is the person who turns to look at you with that unavoidable question gleaming in their eyes and asks, "Why? Why would you want to do that?" And sometimes there's no other response than, "Because I want too."

2. The person who loves your idea so much that they decide to do the exact same thing. Only in their mind, it's better

These are the people that tend to drive us crazy the most.

3. The person who thinks you're crazy but goes along with it

You know they might not think everything you're doing is entirely plausible... or sane, but they stick with you anyways, even if you get a little annoyed when they poke fun at you sometimes.

4. The person who straight up tells you that they think your idea is terrible

It's like they have no filter and come in like a tornado, destroying everything in their path. You're usually left feeling a little discombobulated.

5. The person is who is just as driven as you and gives you the support you need

These people are far and few between, so when you do stumble upon one, you are incredibly grateful and treasure them for the person they are.